Divine Mercy novena starts today Good Friday!

  • Thread starter Thread starter OurLadysServant
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
O

OurLadysServant

Guest
Say one divine mercy chaplet each.day starting today.

On the.Sunday after easter get confession and communion. Do a.deed of mercy.

Jesus promised to erase all sins, and punishment earned by sins for all who make this novena.

Pope John Paul II was the Bishop who gave st faustinas work an imprimateur, canonised.her a saint, made the.Divine Mercy a Feast Day, and attached a plenary indulgence to the day
 
I’ve been curious about this novena. I want to do it. I think that I will do what I can. I hope that my first confession will be scheduled by then, but I can’t take communion yet because I am awaiting confirmation still (supposed to be Pentecost if the diocese in which I was baptized can find and send my baptismal certificate.) I can still say the Divine Mercy prayer though, and I have before.

Is it odd that I feel weird using my same rosary beads for the Divine Mercy? I can’t afford another set right now, so I am using the same ones for the rosary as for the Divine Mercy, but I think that eventually I want a separate set for the Divine Mercy prayer.
 
Is it odd that I feel weird using my same rosary beads for the Divine Mercy? I can’t afford another set right now, so I am using the same ones for the rosary as for the Divine Mercy, but I think that eventually I want a separate set for the Divine Mercy prayer.
I generally use the same set whichever prayers I pray although I have emergency beads (the cheap wax kind or the cheap plastic kind) dotted around the house.

The cheapest place to buy them is at the Church, usually at the back or where the coffee morning is held.
 
I’ve been curious about this novena. I want to do it. I think that I will do what I can. I hope that my first confession will be scheduled by then, but I can’t take communion yet because I am awaiting confirmation still (supposed to be Pentecost if the diocese in which I was baptized can find and send my baptismal certificate.) I can still say the Divine Mercy prayer though, and I have before.

Is it odd that I feel weird using my same rosary beads for the Divine Mercy? I can’t afford another set right now, so I am using the same ones for the rosary as for the Divine Mercy, but I think that eventually I want a separate set for the Divine Mercy prayer.
Make a Spiritual Communion 🙂 God will take into account your obedience and your intention.here is a good explanation of a Spiritual Communion and several prayers to choose from.

Remember that anything you do under obedience has an extra grace attached 🙂

Welcome to CAF and back to the Church!!!
 
Our Priest said the Divine Mercy today before the Good Friday Mass. Truly beautiful.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top