M
Monica4316
Guest
Hi 
Ever since I decided to become Catholic, Iāve been looking forward to the Divine Mercy Sunday. I couldnāt fully participate in it last year, since I couldnāt yet go to Confession or receive the Eucharist. However, this year, Iāll be able to!
But thereās a bit of a problemā¦
my family is Eastern Orthodox, and this year the Orthodox Easter falls on the same day as Divine Mercy Sunday. (thankfully this isnāt the case every year!) My family is coming with me to the Easter Vigil Mass so itās only fair that I go with them to the Easter morning liturgy at their church, and celebrate with them. Iād have to go to Mass in the evening and receive the Eucharist thenā¦
but I was wondering two thingsā¦
one, when should I go to Confession?
It seems that Jesus told St Faustina that we should go to confession on that same day⦠but I donāt think Iāll be able to this time. I heard that itās alright to have gone before? What if I go to Confession on Saturday morning?
my other questionā¦
on the EWTN website, it describes how to get the plenary indulgenceā¦
itās at 2 pm, and thereās going to be exposition of the Blessed Sacrament, Benediction, the Divine Mercy chaplet, and I think a Mass⦠and afterwards, in the parish hall, a video about St Faustina. However this year I wonāt be able to go cause at that time, Iāll probably be with my family celebrating Easter⦠I wonāt have time to get to the church for 2. (I canāt wait to go next year though!!)
I just wanted to checkā¦would it make sense for me to go to Confession on Saturday, Mass on Sunday evening, and then stay for a while before the Tabernacle and pray for the intentions of the Holy Father and say the Our Father/Creed/prayer to Jesus?

I think I got lost in all the instructionsā¦lol!
btw, I really encourage everyone to participate in Divine Mercy Sunday!!
if youāre planning to, what are you going to do for that day?
hereās some more info:
ewtn.com/devotionals/mercy/index.htm
Iām planning to also pray the novena, and I recently got a Divine Mercy image to put in my room
maybe Iāll get some flowers and candles to decorate it hehe 
God bless!!
Ever since I decided to become Catholic, Iāve been looking forward to the Divine Mercy Sunday. I couldnāt fully participate in it last year, since I couldnāt yet go to Confession or receive the Eucharist. However, this year, Iāll be able to!
But thereās a bit of a problemā¦
my family is Eastern Orthodox, and this year the Orthodox Easter falls on the same day as Divine Mercy Sunday. (thankfully this isnāt the case every year!) My family is coming with me to the Easter Vigil Mass so itās only fair that I go with them to the Easter morning liturgy at their church, and celebrate with them. Iād have to go to Mass in the evening and receive the Eucharist thenā¦
but I was wondering two thingsā¦
one, when should I go to Confession?
my other questionā¦
on the EWTN website, it describes how to get the plenary indulgenceā¦
I. The usual conditions for every plenary indulgence:
sacramental confession [according to previously issued norms, within abut 20 days before or after]
Eucharistic communion [according to previously issued norms, preferably on the day, or the days before or after]
prayer for the intentions of Supreme Pontiff [certain prayers are not specified]
II. The specific conditions for this Indulgence
On Divine Mercy Sunday
in any church or chapel, in a spirit that is completely detached from the affection for a sin, even a venial sin, take part in the prayers and devotions held in honour of Divine Mercy.
I was really looking forward on going to a āDivine Mercy celebrationā, which is I guess what they mean by āprayers and devotionsā⦠it sounds really wonderful!or, in the presence of the Blessed Sacrament exposed or reserved in the tabernacle, recite the Our Father and the Creed, adding a devout prayer to the merciful Lord Jesus (e.g. Merciful Jesus, I trust in you!")
I just wanted to checkā¦would it make sense for me to go to Confession on Saturday, Mass on Sunday evening, and then stay for a while before the Tabernacle and pray for the intentions of the Holy Father and say the Our Father/Creed/prayer to Jesus?
I think I got lost in all the instructionsā¦lol!
btw, I really encourage everyone to participate in Divine Mercy Sunday!!
hereās some more info:
ewtn.com/devotionals/mercy/index.htm
Iām planning to also pray the novena, and I recently got a Divine Mercy image to put in my room
God bless!!