Divine Mercy Sunday

  • Thread starter Thread starter MariaChristi
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MariaChristi

Guest
Dear Brothers and Sisters,

Hopefully, many today will avail themselves of the special graces offered on this Divine Mercy Sunday.
Our Lord Jesus said, “The soul that will go to Confession and receive Holy Communion shall obtain complete forgiveness of sins and punishment. On that day all the divine floodgates through which graces flow are opened. Let no soul fear to draw near to Me, even though its sins be as scarlet…Mankind will not have peace until it turns to the Fount of My Mercy.”
  • Saint Faustina, Diary, 699.
For commentary on this quote from Dr. Taylor Marshall See HERE
For more on the Vatican Decree for plenary indulgence on Mercy Sunday, see HERE
 
Dear Brothers and Sisters,

Hopefully, many today will avail themselves of the special graces offered on this Divine Mercy Sunday.

For commentary on this quote from Dr. Taylor Marshall See HERE
For more on the Vatican Decree for plenary indulgence on Mercy Sunday, see HERE
Thanks, God Bless, Memaw
 
Thanks, God Bless, Memaw
Thanks for your reply, Memaw,

It will take us all eternity tp thank God for His Infinite Mercy towards us! May our Blessed Mother, and all the angels, especially our Guardian Angels, praise and thank Him for us, interceding for us to grow daily more like Him! May we be “Merciful as our Heavenly Father is Merciful” (Luke 3:36)
 
Out of curiosity - does it “count” if you went on the vigil mass? I did Confession and received on the assumption that it did, but now I’m not so sure.

Any thoughts?
 
Out of curiosity - does it “count” if you went on the vigil mass? I did Confession and received on the assumption that it did, but now I’m not so sure.

Any thoughts?
Dear smichhertz,

Interesting question. I checked the EWTN site and found the Vigil Mass does “count” :
…To receive the benefits of the Promise one must be in the state of grace. The Lord does not promise the absolution of grave sin on Mercy Sunday, but points us to the Sacrament of Penance. To receive the grace we should be disposed. This is done by a confession near the time of Mercy Sunday. According to the Cardinal of Krakow, the confession which a Catholic makes during Lent in preparation for Easter is sufficient. Priests do not have to provide confession on Mercy Sunday so that Catholics can satisfy this condition. Since it is a Sunday the condition of Communion can be easily satisfied (including at the Saturday Vigil Mass). Our Communion, as our Confession, should be especially devout.
For more see HERE
 
Does it count if I didn’t go to confession, but had the Eucharist, and in addition, did the 10-day chaplet divine mercy?
 
Does it count if I didn’t go to confession, but had the Eucharist, and in addition, did the 10-day chaplet divine mercy?
Just another detail, I have no mortal sins and went to confession on Holy Tuesday.
 
Does it count if I didn’t go to confession, but had the Eucharist, and in addition, did the 10-day chaplet divine mercy?
Dear vtech,

At the EWTN site, I found this:
…To receive the benefits of the Promise one must be in the state of grace. The Lord does not promise the absolution of grave sin on Mercy Sunday, but points us to the Sacrament of Penance. To receive the grace we should be disposed. This is done by a confession near the time of Mercy Sunday. According to the Cardinal of Krakow, the confession which a Catholic makes during Lent in preparation for Easter is sufficient
I also read on another site that 20 days before or after Divine Mercy Sunday, one may go to confession and fulfill the conditions. I hope to receive the sacrament of Penance this coming Saturday. 🙂 It is good to frequent the sacrament even when we may not be guilty of mortal sin because attachment to venial sins can be a big obstacle to our growth in holiness. The graces received in the sacrament strengthen us against temptation.
 
I also read on another site that 20 days before or after Divine Mercy Sunday, one may go to confession and fulfill the conditions. .
Such is referring to the Plenary indulgence attached by the Church to the Feast …not to the Promises from the Private Revelation in regards the feast.

Two different matters.

For the promises the confession needs to be on the day of the Feast or for practical purposes it can be prior to the feast (and of course one remains in a state of grace).

Of course let us as you note approach the Sacrament of Confession often.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top