P
PeteZaHut
Guest
I have a St. Ignatius version of the Bible. Matthew 5:32 reads:
“But i say to you that every one who divorces his wife, except on the ground of unchastity, makes her an adulteress; and whoever marries a divorced woman commits adultery.”
The version of the Bible on usccb.org reads:
“But I say to you, whoever divorces his wife (unless the marriage is unlawful) causes her to commit adultery, and whoever marries a divorced woman commits adultery.”
Can someone explain the difference. The first one makes it seem like divorce is acceptable if a spouse has been unfaithful.
“But i say to you that every one who divorces his wife, except on the ground of unchastity, makes her an adulteress; and whoever marries a divorced woman commits adultery.”
The version of the Bible on usccb.org reads:
“But I say to you, whoever divorces his wife (unless the marriage is unlawful) causes her to commit adultery, and whoever marries a divorced woman commits adultery.”
Can someone explain the difference. The first one makes it seem like divorce is acceptable if a spouse has been unfaithful.