M
mikekle
Guest
My dad has been married 3 times now, his first wife (my mother) died back in 1988 due to a drug overdose, about 5 years later, he married again, but it did not work out, so they divorced after a year, and is now remarried and has been married to this same lady for the past 14 years, they are both happy, so I think this one will last. I also should mention, each time he was divorced, he got the marriage annuled at his parish.
Im curious why the church even offers Annulments? Seems to me they are making an ‘easy out’ for todays society, so they dont drive a large number of people away from the church.
Anulment or not, it is still getting a divorce…right? and divorce is wrong in Gods eyes(for simply not being able to get along), I understand the reasons why divorce is acceptable to God though.
Im curious why the church even offers Annulments? Seems to me they are making an ‘easy out’ for todays society, so they dont drive a large number of people away from the church.
Anulment or not, it is still getting a divorce…right? and divorce is wrong in Gods eyes(for simply not being able to get along), I understand the reasons why divorce is acceptable to God though.