B
Boulder257
Guest
I know that God is not limited by time and space, but what about the angels that he created?
Angels were created with the rest of the world. At that moment they were a part of the created world. One would have to assume that at that moment they existed in space and time. After their test, the Good Angles took up their abode with God in Heaven. No one knows what Heaven is. Clearly it is a part of creation too since there was no need for it prior to creation. I think it is mistaken to say that it is where God dwells, because God does not need a " place. " Yet, God exists wherever his power is manifest or operates. The truth is we simply don’t know the truth about any of this. All is speculation and it would be rash to attempt to give a difinitive answer.Look up the concept aeviternity.
Angels are spiritual creatures and therefore do not need time and space. They do not have bodies and since they are not in time they cannot change.I know that God is not limited by time and space, but what about the angels that he created?
The Catholic Church has nothing to say in this regard.I know that God is not limited by time and space, but what about the angels that he created?
Are you putting your faith into physicists?The Catholic Church has nothing to say in this regard.
Physicists say that both time and space began some 13.8 billion years ago.
Like God, Angels are beings of pure spirit, and are not constrained by (our concept of) time or space. There is no reason known to science or theology that would preclude them from existing “before” the Big Bang.
Perhaps you are unfamiliar with the Rev. Georges Lemaître.Are you putting your faith into physicists?
Big bang? Do you pray the Creed?
God can allow his Angels to move about as He pleases.
Could you please restate your questions. I don’t understand them since DavidFilmer didn’t say anything that was theologically wrong or misrepresented anything. I am not sure where your questions are coming from. Hope you can help me understand ?Are you putting your faith into physicists?
Big bang? Do you pray the Creed?
God can allow his Angels to move about as He pleases.
Why not? I place my faith in doctors. When I drive over a bridge, I am placing faith in civil engineers.Are you putting your faith into physicists?
The Creed says that God created everything. It doesn’t say how.Big bang? Do you pray the Creed?
Agreed. But angels (including demons) cannot move about as THEY please. It requires a specific miracle of God for any angel or demon (or Saint, for that matter) to interact with our physical world.God can allow his Angels to move about as He pleases.