E
Eruvande
Guest
I’ve touched on this briefly in other postings, but it’s bothering me now. I am pursuing, as far as I am physically able, the Catholic faith. It’s very difficult as my husband, who I rely on for transport, sees the whole thing like I’m indulging in a rare hobby. He will humour me on occasion, but wants me to remain committed to our Anglican church.
He is very committed, in terms of service, as am I. But mentally and spiritually, I believe in the real presence, specifically in the Catholic church. I don’t believe my church has the real presence (well, they don’t either, it’s a very low church that uses bread rolls for ‘the body’). Here’s my specific dilemma - do I take communion in this church on Christmas Day? It’s just bread right? But what does God think of me taking a false form of communion? Am I over thinking this?
He is very committed, in terms of service, as am I. But mentally and spiritually, I believe in the real presence, specifically in the Catholic church. I don’t believe my church has the real presence (well, they don’t either, it’s a very low church that uses bread rolls for ‘the body’). Here’s my specific dilemma - do I take communion in this church on Christmas Day? It’s just bread right? But what does God think of me taking a false form of communion? Am I over thinking this?