P
PaulinVA
Guest
Hopefully this can be a politically-neutral topic.
Maybe this explains why some people are hit hard and other aren’t.
Yes…this is why I doubted the other poster had actually read the link.That means that sweeping generalizations about it are sometimes not true.
Apparently having had cancer is a contributing factor. I understand chemotherapy can permanently alter immune responses. Also, if you watch TV at all, you see a lot of commercials for immunosuppressant medications for things like psoriasis, rheumatoid arthritis, inflammatory bowel disease. If there wasn’t a big market for those things, they wouldn’t be advertised so vigorously. Also, there are people with HIV which is being kept in check by medications.I hear underlying conditions can affect how people respond to the virus.
I have asthma so that makes me vulnerable to the virus. I could die if I get it.
Another underlying condition of concern is obesity. Obese people do not respond well if they get the virus. This may be an even larger risk than age.
Looking at obesity rates in the US, we are in trouble.
Well, this could explain how my 18 coworkers and myself haven’t gotten noticeably ill from Covid19. Nor has any of our families.Maybe this explains why some people are hit hard and other aren’t.
Am I reading your post wrong? COVID 19 is a virus!It’s a bacteria and not a virus
This is dangerous hokum!What I was doing was rambling about what was considered a mystery in it’s time of why beer drinkers didn’t typically develop symptoms from the cholera bacteria.
I suppose there could be a connection with a virus though, possible the COVID virus and alcohol drinking. Harvard and a Spanish university conducted a wine study published in 2002. The two Universities wanted to find out if red wine or white wine had any effect on preventing and helping with the symptoms of the typical winter time cold.
What they found is that yes, moderate wine drinking can dramatically help prevent a cold from developing. Those that drank 20 grams of alcohol a day had almost 10 times fewer colds verses teetotallers. Red wine drinkers had a 60% fewer colds. White wine drinkers, non smokers, saw an 88% reduction. As the article mentions - “There is no drug, herb, or medical intervention that can come close to offering that level of protection against mankind’s virus diseases.”