Do you believe in signs from GOD?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Luvz2travel
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Luvz2travel

Guest
Does GOD still send us signs of his will? Just curious what others think. I happen to believe he does.
 
Yes, absolutely. Sometimes there are ‘coincidences’ that lead to a certain thing. This has happened to me a few times. I believe those were signs from God.
 
There were six or seven signs that got me into Catholicism (I would write them, but it would take up a whole page), so yes I believe so. 🙂
 
Absolutely, I have had many experiences in my life starting as a little girl. I believe God talks to us in dreams, also shows Himself. Sometimes we may not know the meaning at the time, but one day, it seems like the door opens and His message is crystal clear. I was always taught that nothing is a coincidence when it come to God. Has anyone made their Cursillo, if so may I say DE Colores, and God Bless 🙂
 
Yes, however, I tend to not really understand them or believe they are signs until something actually happens. I journal a lot so that’s where I’ll jot little things down that could be signs from God. That way, I can always look back and see if they actually were. 👍
 
I believe, but the one I’m receiving are pretty dubious.
Yesterday I was PM-ing with other CAF member,
I talked something about fleeing to Osaka and playing refugee, suddenly I saw this;

Cardinal Timothy Dolan and Stephen Colbert to star in Catholic comedy slam
forums.catholic-questions.org/showthread.php?t=698188

How it reminds me of the Manzai(2 man standup comedy) of Osaka.
I’m confused and needing opinion.
 
To be honest i don’t unless it’s through miracle’s such as fatima etc, not personal, i also don’t really believe in the power of prayer for thing’s such as job, wealth, spouse, health etc
 
I believe in God, not signs. Your heart sees many more ‘Miracles’ then your sight or any other senses can witness 🤷.
 
Public revelation has been over for almost two thousand years. Why would you need anything more than that?

Superstition is a dangerous thing. Those who search for contemporary “signs from God” are likely on a fools errand, or worse, could get caught up with false teachings. One needs nothing more than the public revelation if Christ. If you aren’t content with that, you have a real problem.
 
I believe in God, not signs. Your heart sees many more ‘Miracles’ then your sight or any other senses can witness 🤷.
Public revelation has been over for almost two thousand years. Why would you need anything more than that?

Superstition is a dangerous thing. Those who search for contemporary “signs from God” are likely on a fools errand, or worse, could get caught up with false teachings. One needs nothing more than the public revelation if Christ. If you aren’t content with that, you have a real problem.
I suspect we don’t all have the same definition of “signs.” I (and I suspect the OP) am not talking about superstition or miracles or burning bushes or apparitions. God speaks to us all the time and I wouldn’t put Him in a human-sized box by saying He doesn’t send us signs this day and age. 🤷
 
I believe God can and sometimes does give signs to us when HE sees fit. HE can do anything HE wills. I think the problem lies when people search for them or makes something out to be more than it actually is. Public revelation is indeed over, but aren’t we allowed to believe in private revelation?
 
The real question is why would anyone want to believe on private revelation? There is certainly no need for it. There is plenty of danger attached to it. Nothing to gain and everything to lose.

If the public revelation is not enough for a person, would suggest that something is deeply wrong. Instead of looking for “signs” such a person should instead examine their own conscience and try to figure out why faith in the Lord’s public revelation does not satisfy them. If God has provided this wonderful miracle that is good enough for everybody, what could possibly motivate anyone to want more? I cannot think of any pure motive.
 
Does GOD still send us signs of his will? Just curious what others think. I happen to believe he does.
Absolutely. I think overt, visible signs are extremely rare, but I believe He sends signs, nonetheless. I believe some are only visible in retrospect but some you can see as they’re happening.
 
Sure do. Got one the other day. I went along to a Catholic healing ministry that I wasn’t too sure about… when I got there the first person I met had the same last name as a street I had lived on, which I really miss… and it was a highly unusual and uncommon name.
 
Absolutely, and I think we need to always try andmake ourselves aware of God acting in ourlives. Another poster said we shouldn’t be, as Jesus put it, the generation looking for signs, and I don’t think the OP meant that. Of course, it wouldn’t be healthy to ask God for dramatic revelations as proof of His existence.

However, what I took the OP to man was believing in subtle signs, or indications that God is helping us along our path, pointing us in the right direction. The Psalmist says, “see that I follow not the wrong path and lead me into life eternal”.

I am always trying to seek out God’s will, and I do trust that if I obey His commandments He will gently lead me along the path, and sometimes I need to be in tune with little pointers He gives me. For example, I had to make a general confession a few years ago and I was petrified, absolutely petrified. I glanced at my calendar to see if I would be free to go on the day the Confessions were on, but at the same time was saying to God that I was too afraid to go, my sins were so awful I couldn’t muster up the courage. When I glanced at the calendar to see what was on the day of the Confessions, I saw it was Mary Magdalene’s Feast Day - that was enough of a pointer for me. And the priest in the Confessional pointed out to me it was her feast day too and said he’d been wondering if she would inspire any other Mary Magdalens to come and have their sins washed away by the Lord.

Mother Teresa often spoke of “seeing God’s hand in everything” and I think if we want to follow His will, yes we do need to look for His direction in everything - a subtle and gentle direction, not necessarily a burning bush - although anything is possible by God, let’s not limit His powers or lower our expectations of Him - and I think this is a healthy attitude to our faith - constantly seeking God’s direction, and if we are really lost on our way, praying that He will make the path ahead clearer to us in some way.
 
No doubt! God is not a mummy, He is a living God!
Prayer is not prayer if there is no communication on God’s behalf. If it’s just us doing all the talking than our prayer is a monologue.

I love when Protestants say: “The Lord told me such and such”…If we are God’s people, we should be hearing His voice. He doesn’t always speak with words, but often times with signs! In my book, there are NO coincidences and no luck.

Here is a very recent one. DH and I have had it on our heart to start an association and decidedmthat the time has come. We had been eyeing one particular location for it but It has been rented for years to the same people and it seemed like a hopeless case. We were trying to find something similar in a nearby location but nothing was turning up. We decided we have to pray about it and see if God truly desires this and if it really is the right place. Well, within a week, the owner of the place approaches my husband and asks him if he knows anyone who would rent out his place as it will be going up for rent at the end of the month!

There have been a trillion incidences in our lives when God gave us clear “yes” and clear “no” signs in big decisions!
 
Does GOD still send us signs of his will? Just curious what others think. I happen to believe he does.
Yes, I believe He does. But I would also say that on occasion we misinterpret those signs, or do not recognize them as a sign from God.
 
Public revelation has been over for almost two thousand years. Why would you need anything more than that?

Superstition is a dangerous thing. Those who search for contemporary “signs from God” are likely on a fools errand, or worse, could get caught up with false teachings. One needs nothing more than the public revelation if Christ. If you aren’t content with that, you have a real problem.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top