Do you ever feel like a particular Saint has given you a prod?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nelka

New member
When I was at Mass the other day, just as I was about to go to Communion I suddenly thought of St. Faustina even though I was thinking about something else. As soon as she popped into my mind I suddenly felt like I had forgotten her as I used to pray for her intercession quite a lot and read from her diary.

At the time it felt as if she had given me a prod (I didn’t physically feel a prod) to say “Remember me? Maybe I can help?”.

The funny thing is I took her diary to the hospital four years ago and I read it whilst my wife and brand new babies were asleep, they had their birthday yesterday.

Anyway, do you ever feel like a Saint has given you a prod, I know my Guardian Angel gives me more of a nudge when I climb into bed at night to suddenly remember I haven’t prayed.

Thanks.
 
Guardian Angel for sure All the time. Poor thing. He has a project in me…:o

But yeah, I’ve had an encounter with Padre Pio and also St. Anthony.
It’s cool when you feel their inspiration.
 
When I was at Mass the other day, just as I was about to go to Communion I suddenly thought of St. Faustina even though I was thinking about something else. As soon as she popped into my mind I suddenly felt like I had forgotten her as I used to pray for her intercession quite a lot and read from her diary.

At the time it felt as if she had given me a prod (I didn’t physically feel a prod) to say “Remember me? Maybe I can help?”.

The funny thing is I took her diary to the hospital four years ago and I read it whilst my wife and brand new babies were asleep, they had their birthday yesterday.

Anyway, do you ever feel like a Saint has given you a prod, I know my Guardian Angel gives me more of a nudge when I climb into bed at night to suddenly remember I haven’t prayed.

Thanks.
That could be the Holy Spirit prodding you- Scripture says that this is an indication of the Holy Spirit, that He instructs, prods, leads, guides. Though, of course it could be Guardian Angel as well, after all they work for Him!
Several prompts- not lately, and not now. I used to be more devout, and I'd often have really big coincidences where say, I'd get this idea about something, then later on when reading about the saint of the day or such, I'd find that the idea was exactly what that Saint said or did or taught, or something like that. I attribute that to the Holy Spirit as well, as a way of confirming that what I'm reading is really from Him and not some made up wishy washy idea that has no part in God. (I get fearful about things like that and pray for spiritual confirmation on matters). I also felt at the time that it was the saint too as I believe they are all in union in heaven. They are special when they happen. I liken it to spiritual consolations.
 
That could be the Holy Spirit prodding you- Scripture says that this is an indication of the Holy Spirit, that He instructs, prods, leads, guides. Though, of course it could be Guardian Angel as well, after all they work for Him!
Code:
Several prompts-  not lately, and not now.   I used to be more devout, and I'd often have really big coincidences where say, I'd get this idea about something, then later on when reading about the saint of the day or such, I'd find that the idea was exactly what that Saint said or did or taught, or something like that.   I attribute that to the Holy Spirit as well, as a way of confirming that what I'm reading is really from Him and not some made up wishy washy idea that has no part in God.  (I get fearful about things like that and pray for spiritual confirmation on matters).   I also felt at the time that it was the saint too as I believe they are all in union in heaven.   They are special when they happen.   I liken it to spiritual consolations.
Many times, Blessed Mother always reminds me, Guardian Angel, and most recently St, Jude, great answer within an hour!! Yes and even once a very particular help from my dear Departed Husband. You wouldn’t believe it, I am still amazed at it. He became a Catholic just a year before he died and LOVED the Faith. We went to Confession and Mass just 2 days before he died.(Accident). God Bless, Memaw
 
Many times, Blessed Mother always reminds me, Guardian Angel, and most recently St, Jude, great answer within an hour!! Yes and even once a very particular help from my dear Departed Husband. You wouldn’t believe it, I am still amazed at it. He became a Catholic just a year before he died and LOVED the Faith. We went to Confession and Mass just 2 days before he died.(Accident). God Bless, Memaw
Sounds like your prayers for DH kicked in at just the right time. 😉
God indeed holds us in the palm of His hand.
 
Many times, Blessed Mother always reminds me, Guardian Angel, and most recently St, Jude, great answer within an hour!! Yes and even once a very particular help from my dear Departed Husband. You wouldn’t believe it, I am still amazed at it. He became a Catholic just a year before he died and LOVED the Faith. We went to Confession and Mass just 2 days before he died.(Accident). God Bless, Memaw
That’s so beautiful. I’m so sorry also for your loss. Thank you for sharing.
Code:
Actually I probably would believe whatever happened, but still be amazed!  I sometimes wonder if that level of amazement is a measure of how much my faith is lacking?  Like God is saying, "See? * i told* you!  And you didn't believe me that much at all!?"    Its also heartwarming to get such consolation, especially when you are really troubled over something.   There is a real sense of peace-  the trouble might continue but you are held with in it.
I also love the fact that with the saints we have a whole family of people willing to help believers.
 
Sometimes if my mind wanders in Mass I feel like St. Padre Pio gives me a little tap on the back of the head and says “Pay attention!” Now I don’t feel the tap physically, or hear the voice out loud, but it’s there in my head.
 
Many times, Blessed Mother always reminds me, Guardian Angel, and most recently St, Jude, great answer within an hour!! Yes and even once a very particular help from my dear Departed Husband. You wouldn’t believe it, I am still amazed at it. He became a Catholic just a year before he died and LOVED the Faith. We went to Confession and Mass just 2 days before he died.(Accident). God Bless, Memaw
I hope I have confession and Mass just before I die.

Sorry for your loss.

I keep hearing people mention St. Jude a lot.
 
When I was at Mass the other day, just as I was about to go to Communion I suddenly thought of St. Faustina even though I was thinking about something else. As soon as she popped into my mind I suddenly felt like I had forgotten her as I used to pray for her intercession quite a lot and read from her diary.

At the time it felt as if she had given me a prod (I didn’t physically feel a prod) to say “Remember me? Maybe I can help?”.

The funny thing is I took her diary to the hospital four years ago and I read it whilst my wife and brand new babies were asleep, they had their birthday yesterday.

Anyway, do you ever feel like a Saint has given you a prod, I know my Guardian Angel gives me more of a nudge when I climb into bed at night to suddenly remember I haven’t prayed.

Thanks.
Yes, like your other posters, I somehow have sensed a prodding or, at least, instruction of a saint. For example, I do not know why but I keep thinking that St. John of the Cross is telling me to keep focused on St. Therese of Lisieux for the time and the Blessed Mother is good with it, too (I still pray the rosary daily, however). When I turn back to him, he gently guides me to St. Therese. I cannot drop this intuition…it keeps returning. I also have received confirmations that St. Therese is supporting me…so when I promote some aspect of her spirituality, I see some coincidence that reminds me of her shorty afterward.

About 2 1/2 years ago, I think I saw my guardian angel because he/she seemed to follow me around the Church…from daily Mass to confession. I saw him/her a handful of times and, thinking he/she was a human, I noted that the angel did not go up to Holy Communion nor would get up to go to Confession even though it appeared that he/she had been waiting to go. When I offered this “person” to go before me, he/she just looked at me and shook her/his head and then looked down. He/she was gone after I got out of the confessional.

The weird thing on the daily Mass is that I saw this “person” at two separate parishes and this “person” would always stay seated in her/his pew instead of going up for Communion. I started praying for him/her thinking that he/she was just a scrupulous person who stayed away from Communion for that reason. I was prompted to pray in two separate cases that he/she would get up to receive Communion. Just as I made these prayers, he/she would get up immediately and receive Communion.

Later, I learned that angels cannot receive the Eucharist. So, I dismissed the idea that this “person” was an angel. But, then again later that night, I just so happened to be reading in the book of Tobit about the angel, Raphael, and came across Tobit 12:19,“Even though you saw me eat and drink, I did not eat or drink anything; what you were seeing was a vision.” This, of course, made me quickly conclude that this “person” was possibly my guardian angel and that it only appeared that he/she had received the Eucharist. After reading this, I never saw the “person” again.

houston1
 
Yes, I believe angels are present, primarily in spiritual form - but on occasion take human form. There are many documented stories of encounters involving angels who looked like normal people.

I also believe children often can see angels, and they are very matter of fact about their encounters.
 
+JMJ+

Yeah, St. Thomas Aquinas seems to give prods and occasionally slaps on the head for me from time to time 😃
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top