Do you feel different when you miss Sunday Mass?

  • Thread starter Thread starter CatholicZ09
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

CatholicZ09

Guest
I do. I feel miserable when I miss Mass and my week feels different as if something is missing.
 
I do. I feel miserable when I miss Mass and my week feels different as if something is missing.
:sad_yes: Although, this will probably be the first Mass I miss. I think the roads are fine now where I live to get there (I live next to a major snow route), but due to things out of my control (no one wants to drive me to church), I can’t get there. 😦
 
Yes I feel different today. Probably the first time in a good while (last blizzard was in 1996). Last time I had the flu was in 1995 so maybe that’s the last time before the blizzard of 96 that I missed mass.
 
I usually assist at more than one Mass on the weekends-I feel funny if I only do one Mass.😃
 
Yes, great big gaping hole in my Sunday.

I actually miss Sunday Mass about once a month… sort of, in the sense that I don’t go to my usual Mass (11 am at a Benedictine Abbey), but I sing at a Vigil Mass the previous evening. I belong to a small Gregorian schola and we rotate around various parishes in our area once a month in order to bring Gregorian Chant to the faithful; because of the obligation of some of the choristers who sing at Sunday daytime Masses in other choirs, our schola always sings at a Vigil Mass. So when I sing at a Vigil Mass I have done my Sunday obligation and I don’t usually go on the Sunday. My bit for the environment, the car gets the day off too 🙂
 
I feel miserable if I have to miss a daily Mass. I guess I’m addicted!
 
I feel bad when I miss Sunday Mass at my parish, even though I go somewhere else! My pastor is a wonderful homilist and the Mass is so reverent when he celebrates it. Our parish is a small parish and there is something special about celebrating “with family”.

I attend daily Mass as frequently as I can, and do feel like something is missing when I don’t. I often attend the anticipated Mass on Saturdays because my boys serve at that Mass, and often Sunday was the only day of the week I did not attend Mass. Something was wrong with that picture. Sometimes, if I can, I go both days. Not too many people look at me funny. 😉
 
:sad_yes: Although, this will probably be the first Mass I miss. I think the roads are fine now where I live to get there (I live next to a major snow route), but due to things out of my control (no one wants to drive me to church), I can’t get there. 😦
Fr Larry said on facebook that only FIFTEEN people showed up for the 5pm mass Saturday night.
 
if I miss Mass, it’s usually because I am miserably sick, so I am too miserable to think about being miserable for missing Mass. (Does that make sense?) But if I have to miss Mass for any other legitimate reason, yes, I feel the effects of missing Mass and the Eucharist, even though my reason might be legitimate.
 
I feel miserable if I have to miss a daily Mass. I guess I’m addicted!
Me too! I seem to acutely miss the Graces from the Eucharist when I miss a Mass (daily or otherwise) and it seems to trickle down and effect every little thing I do that day, including my prayer life!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top