Do you "feel" God's presence?

• Thread starter Thread starter rayne89
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here’s more information, all pretty much on topic. These are links to audio programs in the EWTN library. They all feature Thomas Dubay, S.M. You should be able to play them on your computer. All good stuff, I think. Enjoy and best wishes.

Prayer Quest:

ewtn.com/vondemand/audio/seriessearchprog.asp?seriesID=840549426&T1=thomas+dubay

St. Teresa of Avila:

ewtn.com/vondemand/audio/seriessearchprog.asp?seriesID=17&T1=thomas+dubay

St. John of the Cross:

ewtn.com/vondemand/audio/seriessearchprog.asp?seriesID=6023&T1=thomas+dubay

I have had feelings of God’s presence and also heightened emotional responses from prayer. St Teresa describes the emotional part as the consequence of God’s presence. In some these feelings will “overflow” and be more intense. Others may not experience much at all at the sensory level. But the activity of God can be more intense in the less emotional person. Emotion or feeling is not the gauge but only the “determined determination” to do His will.

For me, in the last year or so, I have noticed a much more “lively” faith, a knowing without knowing how, and a firm certitude of God. I think I can discern better now what is my activity vs the Holy Spirit. But my prayer life is not anywhere near what it used to be in the monastery in terms of activities and structure.

I cling to Him desperately.

I feel Christ’s presence when I pray before the Blessed Sacrament. When no one else is in the church instead of praying in the pew I take a portable kneeler from the sacristy and put that thing right in front of the tabernacle! I pray in conversation, and with my Church aided morally informed conscience I am able to recognize when the Holy Spirit guides my mind because it is alway toward the right thing to do or the right way to think, even if I don’t desire it to be that way. Then I especially know, when I the recognize the conflict between my flesh and the Holy Spirit.

Spreading the peace and love of Christ,
Through Him, with Him, in Him,
In the unity of the Holy Spirit,
Justin S. Steele

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back