Do you find it hard in today's society?

  • Thread starter Thread starter anon98328916
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

anon98328916

Guest
I am a Catholic in my late twenties who loves my faith and tries my best to follow Jesus. Currently in my country there is a same-sex marriage referendum coming up and the yes vote is pushing the agenda so hard with social media, radio, television etc… Supporting it and painting the no vote in a bad light. I have read comments on social media that have said “your old fashioned if you vote no and to move with the times” or “typical the Catholic Church to appose of it and the sooner the better the church is finished”. It worries me when I read comments like this which is often I guess it’s a fear I have of when will it all end? I feel I’d be laughed at for practising my Catholic faith or praying in public. The world has got so anti God and church and are for everything that offends God. Another thing is if you were to defend the church on social media you would be attacked and bullied so much so that you ended up wishing you had said nothing.
 
Let your light shine before men Therese! Don’t be afraid. We win in the end. Have you read the last chapter of the book? Revelation. 🙂

I always make the sign of the Cross and pray a short prayer before eating when I’m out. Guess I don’t care who likes it and who does not, but by so doing we are witnessing that there is a God in heaven.

By your confirmation, you are strengthened with the Holy Spirit. Don’t listen to the lies of the culture or be afraid. They might win some battles, but the war for them is lost.

If I said some stuff on youtube or whatever I might post a comment or two but would not engage in argument back and forth. If you would like to say anything. It’s better to just leave one comment and not go back to it again. Once a person gets sucked into the back and forth it is pretty pointless, I think.
 
I saw a rainbow flag flown from the flagpole of a centenial church claiming to be christian i both was angered and offended n equally hurt as a christian that knows what the bible states of these issues and feel that taking a natural beautifull god given gift of a rainbow and associating something grotesque to many appauling to more and represent it as a social symbol and fly it from a church pole i should feel welcome to be in by built by men now passed in art and stability to stand over a hun years. what would they think of these new congragations.? i will pray with nearly anyone n have been the good semaritan more then onece even among some known to be wicked but love god n want to come back. i ve never attended that congragation n i never will. Further more the seperation of church and state leave legislators to thier own agendas but i do not want it in my church when the bibpe clearly states otherwise. I’m a sinner. struggling before god but u will never see any pride in my own sin let alone be braizen enough to fly it from a pole on what should be sacred property. Disgusting.
 
Personally I’m more offended kids are beaten and go to bed hungry.
 
More beneficially to you do not be ashamed of prayer or your faith those who’d laugh or critisise you for your personal pursuit of a higher power are the type of people that will usually never bring anything good into your life and most not serving god are merely serving themselves n that’s it so they should be of no notice nor concern to you at all. that’s the thing bout those in the dark is they cannot touch you in gods light they can merely implore you to extinguish your own and most part only have the power of suggestion. also revelations states of blasphemors they xlaim gods name yet only serve greed power wrath lust vengence. these are not tools of my god so it boils me to hear his name from thier lips when i see its a ruse to make them appear to be good. as a friends wounds are intended to heal yet an enemies kiss is too much to bear.
 
I am a Catholic in my late twenties who loves my faith and tries my best to follow Jesus. Currently in my country there is a same-sex marriage referendum coming up and the yes vote is pushing the agenda so hard with social media, radio, television etc… Supporting it and painting the no vote in a bad light. I have read comments on social media that have said “your old fashioned if you vote no and to move with the times” or “typical the Catholic Church to appose of it and the sooner the better the church is finished”. It worries me when I read comments like this which is often I guess it’s a fear I have of when will it all end? I feel I’d be laughed at for practising my Catholic faith or praying in public. The world has got so anti God and church and are for everything that offends God. Another thing is if you were to defend the church on social media you would be attacked and bullied so much so that you ended up wishing you had said nothing.
I understand how you can feel. My wife and I are both in our late 20’s and YES it is hard in the world today to stand for what is right without having the “emotional” stones thrown at you.

I myself have stood for pro-life, and against gay marriage and had people get very angry. It is amazing how when you speak to some of the people in favor of gay marriage and/or pro choice they will quickly label and brutally accuse the opposition of being exactly what they are demonstrating!!

They will say your insensitive, hateful, shallow minded, etc. etc…
YET… They will have NO sensitivity to understand the opposition stance; they will be closed minded and let anger engulf them and become hateful; they more than OFTEN not do their own homework or research to truly know and understand what they are trying to champion

It can be discouraging but I will stand for God, for His Church, and for all my fellow Christian brothers and sisters for the greater glory.
 
Yes it is hard in today’s society. I feel like I am trying to go one direction and so many groups are trying to get me to go another ditection.
 
To use an example from my own aquarian life…

Dead things float downstream while live things are more than able to swim against the current though it may get tiring sometimes.

🙂
 
Well, God warned us all about these times, he said times would come where people are tortured, imprisoned, killed, etc solely due to their beliefs…we MUST remain true to our faith and beliefs, no matter how un-popular it may be.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top