Do you know a movie that...?

  • Thread starter Thread starter kyleboerner
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kyleboerner

Guest
Do you know of a movie that has a person’s battle between good and evil (decisions they make, life they choose to live, etc.) as the overall plot?

Thanks for your help,

Kyle
 
I also was going to suggest The Devil’s Advocate! For some reason, that movie’s message has stayed with me and made me more aware of the continuous battle between good and evil. It does have a questionable sex scene and some nudity.
 
Igmar Bergman’s, “The Seventh Seal”.

Also Igmar Bergman’s “The Virgin Spring”

Both take place in medieval times. “The Seventh Seal” features a Knight playing Chess with Death.

“The Virgin Spring” features a family whose daughter is murdered and how the father seeks revenge and then forgiveness. There are 2 very disturbing scenes, so I would only recommend it for mature audiences.
 
Thank you everyone for your feedback. 🙂 My friend, who had dealt with similar life experiences, was looking for movies of this theme. God bless you all for your suggestions!
 
Citizen Kane has a powerful message.

Charles Kane’s “last word”(s) was “Rosebud”. It was the brandname printed on the sled he’d had when he was a boy. When he got that sled in his youth, it was the last time anybody had loved him. His father, or grandfather?, was briefly shown having a love for the boy.

At the end of his life Kane realized he had never been loved since boyhood because he hadn’t loved others. And the movie says not a word about spiritual beliefs, implying Kane had none. Thus, his life was a total waste.
 
Just wanted to say that The Devil’s Advocate was an awesome, awesome film. I’m not a Keanu Reeves fan, but this movie was brilliant.
 
Just to jump on the bandwagon, when I read the OP, my first thought was The Devil’s Advocate. I don’t think I sinned for a week after seeing that movie!!
 
I have two. One would be “Casablanca” where Rick choses to be noble when he could have just thought of himself. Another would be “Hamlet” where the Danish prince had an intense internal battle about avenging his father’s death. (If you’re thinking about watching the latter, go with the Olivier version; with the possible exception of the Branaugh version, the others are so-so.)
 
My first thought was Star Wars. 🙂

Product of the '70s I guess.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top