Do you love your faith and are you thankful for it?

• Thread starter Thread starter Teresa9
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Joanna posted:
“I have stilled and quieted my soul like a weaned child; Like a weaned child on its mother’s lap, so is my soul within me.” Psalm 131:2

How stunningly simple and beautiful Joanna!

Absolutly I love my faith! Without it I am not sure how I would have survived certain years of my life!

John Russel Jr. posted: “God often scourges those He loves and it can be painful.”

I agree. But it is in suffering that God perfects us, purifies us.

John Russell Jr:
One thing that has really struck me in recent years. God often scourges those he loves. And it can be painful. But this is what all fathers do. I have looked back at my time in the faith, and I truly see that God has treated me like a son. I am a son of God. And He has given me Mary to be my mother. I see their influence in my life so clearly. In the good times , and the hardships. They are not like us humans, who can be your best friend one minute, and turn on you the next. They are always there, and alway do whatever their children need. We have received so many other blessings from God. The Church, Pope, sacraments etc. That I imagine, if we could fully appreciate it- we would be so totally blown away at the great mercy and love of God.
:amen: Amen Brother from Down Under!

40.png
shannin:
Dear Sisters and Brothers in Christ,

As I grow older, I realize how priviledged I am to have been born into this Faith. The Catholic Church satisfies all of my spiritual needs. We have everything we need.

I want to share somethng: I’m getting ready for retirement and have been agonizing about whether to relocate near the Ocean or stay in my hometown. Last evening I said the rosary and meditated on the glorious mysteries with Mother Angelica, and asked Mary for an answer to my dilema. Immediately, after the rosary, I switched the channel and another minister was on and he said “Blossom where you are planted.” I feel that that was a message to me from Mary to stay where I am now (and I will).

God bless,
Shannin
Hello from another Catholic woman from PA. Thanks for sharing that Shannin. I know it’s wonderful to receive a grace like that-- but oh why oh why do we have to have so much Winter here?:crying:
Every year without fail, here it comes again:nope:

Peace and warmth.

Hi Shannon e,
Thanks for your message. Where are you from in PA? I live in Williamsport, the home of Little League World Series. I agree about the cold winters. The high heating bills, snow shoveling and ice can are no fun.

:blessyou:
Shannin

Shannin,
I’m in the Scranton/Wilkes-Barre area. I must like it cause it’s the longest I’ve lived anywhere.
Have a blessed retirement:) .

Peace

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back