Do you pray together as a couple?

  • Thread starter Thread starter wholeneworld13
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
W

wholeneworld13

Guest
Every time I see my fiance (2-3 times per week) we pray the rosary and attend Sunday mass together.

Do you go to mass and/or pray with your significant other?Any tips for deepening prayer life as a couple?:signofcross:
 
Every time I see my fiance (2-3 times per week) we pray the rosary and attend Sunday mass together.

Do you go to mass and/or pray with your significant other?Any tips for deepening prayer life as a couple?:signofcross:
Yes we do!! And he prays beautifully 😃 We pray the chaplet of St. Michael together on the phone, and when we are in person, we add the Rosary. And you know what? it bring us closer! If there’s a day or night we can’t pray together, we don’t stop the devotion and pray individually. Aww I can still remember him praying next to me… so handsome! :blushing:

You can also try reading the Bible together, we do that sometimes. 🙂
 
You two go to Sunday Mass 2-3 times a week?? 😛

My girlfriend and I have prayed together a number of times, and not only have we attended mass together, but many times I was the organist and she was the cantor! 😉
 
Not usually. But that’s ok; we both prefer our prayer time to be a quiet, private individual time, so it works for us.
 
My husband isn’t very religious so when we do pray together it’s me praying while he holds my hand and closes his eyes. Does he pray, too? Well, he listens… I consider this an improvement over when we first were married. I was a pagan and he was an atheist. Now I’m a Catholic revert and he considers himself a “humanist” or maybe even “an agnostic”. Little by little, is my theory. I just keep asking if he’ll pray with me and don’t push the days he says he doesn’t feel like it.
 
Yes we do!! And he prays beautifully 😃 We pray the chaplet of St. Michael together on the phone, and when we are in person, we add the Rosary. And you know what? it bring us closer! If there’s a day or night we can’t pray together, we don’t stop the devotion and pray individually. Aww I can still remember him praying next to me… so handsome! :blushing:

You can also try reading the Bible together, we do that sometimes. 🙂
😊😊😊😊… 😃
 
I think it’s fantastic that you do.

My husband and I don’t pray together as, we too, prefer prayer time to be our time. However, we do read the bible together and have our own bible study.
 
Yep! And now that we have children, we pray as a family. Of course, we do make time for “quieter” prayer once the kids are off to bed, and we have private prayer as well. But we try to make prayer as a family a priority. The old saying, “…the family that prays together, stays together…” has rung true for us…through some very challenging times. 👍
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top