Do you wear a brown scapular?

  • Thread starter Thread starter EmeraldOak
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
E

EmeraldOak

Guest
If so, could you please share how it benefits your spiritual life? Thank you!
 
I think of the Brown Scapular of Our Lady of Mount Carmel as a piece of clothing. The “clothing” is the virtues of our Blessed Mother that she wants to give us. She truly is our Mother in the order of grace.

Wearing it reminds me to pray and ponder the life of our Lord Jesus Christ.
 
I think of the Brown Scapular of Our Lady of Mount Carmel as a piece of clothing. The “clothing” is the virtues of our Blessed Mother that she wants to give us. She truly is our Mother in the order of grace.

Wearing it reminds me to pray and ponder the life of our Lord Jesus Christ.
I have worn one for so many years. The Scapular reminds me to stay close to our Blessed Mother and Her Divine son. I feel she is with me at all times. And she is with Jesus at all times. God Bless, Memaw
 
I know if i wear the scapukar and keep the commandments, Our Lady will get me into Heaven

Also I KNOW its a protection from harm and from satan

She crushes his head

I know he cannot touch me with the Brown Scapular on
I have worn one for so many years. The Scapular reminds me to stay close to our Blessed Mother and Her Divine son. I feel she is with me at all times. And she is with Jesus at all times. God Bless, Memaw
 
I think of the Brown Scapular of Our Lady of Mount Carmel as a piece of clothing. The “clothing” is the virtues of our Blessed Mother that she wants to give us. She truly is our Mother in the order of grace.

Wearing it reminds me to pray and ponder the life of our Lord Jesus Christ.
👍
 
My scapular medal reminds me that she is my patron, Our Lady of Mt. Carmel and that I live under her protection. She is my model for life and I owe her my obedience according to the Promises I will make tonight as a Lay Carmelite (of course, I owe God obedience first, and also my Prior General). The chain on which the medal hangs is my “little chain”, a sign of my slavery of love to Jesus through Mary.
 
Here is the most recent catechesis on the Brown Scapular by both branches of the Carmelite Order:

carmelitanacollection.com/catechesis.php

It explains a lot about the history, with some corrections, and reminds us of the prayer life that should be taking place with scapular devotees.
 
I think of the Brown Scapular of Our Lady of Mount Carmel as a piece of clothing. The “clothing” is the virtues of our Blessed Mother that she wants to give us. She truly is our Mother in the order of grace.

Wearing it reminds me to pray and ponder the life of our Lord Jesus Christ.
I agree with Dorothy, plus I also want to stay closer to our Blessed Mother, too, by wearing it. I think of her when I look at my scapular. 🙂
 
Our aunt, who was a devout Catholic, told us that to wear the brown scapular daily, was to put the arm’s of the Blessed Mother around you. She also said that if it felt scratchy at time’s, that it was to remind us of her presence. I liked her (name removed by moderator)ut.
 
Thank you everybody. I have been thinking about this for a while now. I am going to ask our parish priest to enroll me. Thanks again for sharing your thoughts!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top