J
Jaberwocky
Guest
As the title reads, that is the question here folks.
After a long debate on this matter and an accusation that I had derailed a thread, I thought what better way to settle this matter than by creating a new thread (a simple solution).
So far this is where the matter stands. A proposition has been set forth that
“Doctrine is not important. Love is what is important”.
My position in reply has been to point out that Doctrine describes the truth. There can be no love without knowledge of the truth. Therefore, doctrine is a necessary (but not sufficient) condition for love or anything else. I also propose that those who advocate love over doctrine have a grave misunderstanding that either
After a long debate on this matter and an accusation that I had derailed a thread, I thought what better way to settle this matter than by creating a new thread (a simple solution).
So far this is where the matter stands. A proposition has been set forth that
“Doctrine is not important. Love is what is important”.
My position in reply has been to point out that Doctrine describes the truth. There can be no love without knowledge of the truth. Therefore, doctrine is a necessary (but not sufficient) condition for love or anything else. I also propose that those who advocate love over doctrine have a grave misunderstanding that either
- Doctrine is not really a description of the truth, or
- Truth is not important for love