Does a Catholic have to believe in all Catholic teaching?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Abira
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay. That makes sense. According to that encyclical, I certainly wouldn’t have been subject to the penalty at all.

Good. I was kinda hoping not to have to tell my wife that our Catholic wedding was invalid because I was secretely excommunicated.

“Happy Valentine’s Day. Oh, by the way, about our wedding …”
 
Okay. That makes sense. According to that encyclical, I certainly wouldn’t have been subject to the penalty at all.

Good. I was kinda hoping not to have to tell my wife that our Catholic wedding was invalid because I was secretely excommunicated.

“Happy Valentine’s Day. Oh, by the way, about our wedding …”
:rotfl: You’d need LOTS of roses to survive that one! :rotfl:

Seriously, though, try rereading the Parable of the Prodigal Son. God has a ridiculously high tolerance for people who come back after running away. It’s more like the Parable of the Profligate Father than anything else. You were gone, and you’re back. You were lost, and you’ve been found. Yay!
 
Hi Godfollower,

Thanks. I thought I might have incurred excommunication without knowing it!🙂

Verbum
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top