Does anyone here greet at Mass?

  • Thread starter Thread starter CatholicZ09
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

CatholicZ09

Guest
I got to greet today at Mass for the first time! It was really fun. There was supposed to be 4 more greeters (including me), but no one else showed. I stood at the main entrance and people were really nice. I got to get familiar with the people who attend that Mass. It was fun to do and it felt good. Does anyone here greet at Mass? Do you like it?
 
I got to greet today at Mass for the first time! It was really fun. There was supposed to be 4 more greeters (including me), but no one else showed. I stood at the main entrance and people were really nice. I got to get familiar with the people who attend that Mass. It was fun to do and it felt good. Does anyone here greet at Mass? Do you like it?
It scares me to death. I’d rather sing a solo. 😊
 
Yes, I have been a greeter. Now as an usher I greet parishioners as thet arrive. I have seen many a frown turn into a smile simply by greeting someone with a hand shake. The simple act of acknowledging a person has as someone told me" made them feel welcomed and a part of the parish family."
Keep up the good work!
 
Yes, I have been a greeter. Now as an usher I greet parishioners as thet arrive. I have seen many a frown turn into a smile simply by greeting someone with a hand shake. The simple act of acknowledging a person has as someone told me" made them feel welcomed and a part of the parish family."
Keep up the good work!
Thank you. Ya, I noticed how my smile and just a general “Good morning!” turned everyone’s spirits up. They were like “You’re so kind.”

It made me feel good.
 
Yes, it does feel good. But consider this, you may give that person the only human contact that they receive that day or week. Also, the Jesus that they see in you may be only Jesus that they see first hand. Remember, God uses us in small ways that have great effects on others.
 
I am on staff at our parish, so I am familiar with a large percentage of our rather large “family”. People really seem to enjoy coming to Mass, so it is really nice seeing them come in from the cold and get ready to celebrate.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top