Does anyone here play Tabletop RPG's?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Kamaduck
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve recently taken up pirates CSG. though i think that its technically a trading card game, it is a tabletop game with little constructable ships and is probably the most complicated non-video game ive personally played.

its sad its been discontinued.

heres the video that got me hooked.
 
I used to play quite a bit of Dark Heresy and Black Crusade before I moved. Unfortunately I cant find many groups to play with out in the rural area I live in and online games are even harder to find sometimes.
 
I used to play quite a bit of Dark Heresy and Black Crusade before I moved. Unfortunately I cant find many groups to play with out in the rural area I live in and online games are even harder to find sometimes.
I have the same sort of problem. I wish there was an easier way to play online…
 
I wish!!!

I have been really fascinated by gaming since I was a kid, but I can’t find anyone else that wants to play a game like that with me 😦

I’m really interested in DM’ing/judging a homebrew system of some kind.
There’s this website called roll20.net where you can put together sessions and play with strangers or friends. Check it out.
 
My husband and I play Iron Kingdoms RP, it is based on the Warmachine universe. We have a group going at a local game store.

My husband recently picked up the new Star Wars RP. We haven’t had the chance to try it out yet.
 
I play AD&D (2nd ed) and I’m trying GURPS. I’ve taken to posting in online forums because otherwise it’s too hard to find a game (or time to game).
 
I want to get a dnd group started, but I live in Mongolia. No one knows what that is here…
 
Apparently, Wizards of the Coast has released an all new 5th edition with a new starter set just this week. Hmm… to buy or not buy for Christmas? :hmmm: I’ve only played 3.5 up till now. Warlock has been my most frequent class of choice.

And this starter set only brings up to Level 5? A little underwhelming from my own experience but maybe the new edition has a different leveling scale. 🤷
 
Apparently, Wizards of the Coast has released an all new 5th edition with a new starter set just this week. Hmm… to buy or not buy for Christmas? :hmmm: I’ve only played 3.5 up till now. Warlock has been my most frequent class of choice.

And this starter set only brings up to Level 5? A little underwhelming from my own experience but maybe the new edition has a different leveling scale. 🤷
From what I understand, if you combine the starter set with the “Basic Rules” pdf that WotC put out you can play up to level 20. I’ve only played 4e but I’ve read good reviews for 5e so I’m going to buy it.
 
Magic the Gathering.

It’s not an RPG, but at least it’s played on a table top. 😃
 
Been trying to get the wife into DnD and Pathfinder, so I started off with Lords of Waterdeep which I thought might pique her interest. After the first game, she can’t get enough of it and have been playing most nights ever since.

Anyone played Arkham Horror or Eldritch Horror? Heard good things, except the rules for AH are complex and games go for 5-6 hrs.
 
There’s this website called roll20.net where you can put together sessions and play with strangers or friends. Check it out.
My friend in Florida just showed me that site. He’s trying to get a game together for D&D 5th ed. I haven’t played anything since the start of law school, so I’m really looking forward to it.

Sam, the Neon Orange Knight
 
Apparently, Wizards of the Coast has released an all new 5th edition with a new starter set just this week. Hmm… to buy or not buy for Christmas? :hmmm: I’ve only played 3.5 up till now. Warlock has been my most frequent class of choice.

And this starter set only brings up to Level 5? A little underwhelming from my own experience but maybe the new edition has a different leveling scale. 🤷
Skip the Starter Set–it’s intended for people who really aren’t familiar with the game–and go for the free Basic Rules if you’re curious. The Player’s Handbook hits Wizards Play Network stores tomorrow, with general release on August 19th. EDIT: And I see you’re in the Philippines, so you may be in for a somewhat longer wait. No news on a PDF version yet.

If you’re a warlock fan, you’ll also want to look at the previews here (scroll down a little) and here.

From what I’ve seen of the game, it’s solid but not groundbreaking–very much familiar, comfortable D&D. There’s a passage on sexuality that makes some a bit uncomfortable (see p. 33 of the Basic Rules); I find it regrettable but a symptom of where the culture is these days.
 
Skip the Starter Set–it’s intended for people who really aren’t familiar with the game–and go for the free Basic Rules if you’re curious. The Player’s Handbook hits Wizards Play Network stores tomorrow, with general release on August 19th. EDIT: And I see you’re in the Philippines, so you may be in for a somewhat longer wait. No news on a PDF version yet.

If you’re a warlock fan, you’ll also want to look at the previews here (scroll down a little) and here.
Ooh. I’ve never heard much of cantrips. Are they sorta like unlimited, such as eldritch blast? My fondness for warlocks comes from the obvious reason that I can nuke stuff nonstop. 😛 (EAT HELLFIRE SUCKAZ!!! 8D)

I like the renewed focus on pacts as well as the expansion of beings you could make them with. (Alien elder gods? Looks like I checked out all this Cthulhu stuff just in time. :whacky:)
 
Sorry for the thread necromancy 😛
Ooh. I’ve never heard much of cantrips. Are they sorta like unlimited, such as eldritch blast? My fondness for warlocks comes from the obvious reason that I can nuke stuff nonstop. 😛 (EAT HELLFIRE SUCKAZ!!! 8D)
Nah, in D&D, they’re 0-level spells that most wizards learn when they’re just starting out (in earlier editions, Cantrip was a 1st-level spell that was in effect a magical Swiss Army Knife – it could create a number of beneficial effects, though none that could cause damage or last for very long)

BTW if there are any D&D’ers/Tabletop RP’ers here on the CAF boards in the Torrance, CA area, I’m trying to rebuild a Castles and Crusades group (C&C is very much like D&D, using 3rd ed rules with a more 1st ed feel). If you’re interested, give me a PM.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top