Does anyone know about this anti-Catholic website and group?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Legal_Eagle
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Legal_Eagle

Guest
Does anyone know anything about a group that posts articles on the website christianworldviewnetwork.com? The site is run by Brannon Howse, the same guy who runs the “Worldview Weekend” traveling show. They are also connected to the American Family Association, which curiously enough, has a few Catholic employees and some Catholic support. Go figure. Most of the articles just slam other Protestants and popular Evangelical figures, but some of them are virulently anti-Catholic. Particularly scandalous are the articles by a man named Ken Silva who claims to be a former Catholic. I belive that Silva runs a website also. Does anyone here know these people? Is anyone keeping an eye on them? Is anyone trying to respond to them?

Thanks.
 
Hi Legal Eagle,

I’ve never visited these sites you mention, but I’ve seen many others that are the same in their vehemence against the catholic Church. progospel.com, Jack Chick and many others make their living arguing against Catholicism.

I’m reminded of these verses of Scripture and draw strength from them:
Mat 7:14 How narrow is the gate, and strait is the way that leadeth to life: and few there are that find it!
Mar 13:13 And you shall be hated by all men for my name’s sake. But he that shall endure unto the end, he shall be saved.
Luk 8:13 Now they upon the rock are they who when they hear receive the word with joy: and these have no roots: for they believe for a while and in time of temptation they fall away.
Heb 3:14 For we are made partakers of Christ: yet so, if we hold the beginning of his substance firm unto the end.
I personally think it’s a waste of time arguing with these types, as they are more interested in proving us wrong. I try to avoid conflicts which can do nothing except lead me to sin in anger.

With love,
George
 
George:

I think you are right about avoiding confrontations when dealing with people on a face to face basis. That never really leads anywhere. My concern is the misinformation these guys are spreading. I hate to think that my neighbors–Catholic and non Catholic alike–are being misled by these jokers. I have seen some really good apologetics on this site and some really good responses to the Jack Chicks of the world. I was hoping someone could at least take a look at them and let me know if they were for real or just a bunch of guys writing for each other’s enjoyment.
 
George:
My concern is the misinformation these guys are spreading. I hate to think that my neighbors–Catholic and non Catholic alike–are being misled by these jokers. I was hoping someone could at least take a look at them and let me know if they were for real or just a bunch of guys writing for each other’s enjoyment.
Hi Again Legal Eagle,

Here’s a quote from Ken Silva:
How possibly can the allegedly Protestant Reformed evangelical community now consider as Christian an organization which claims infallibility for its corrupt and unregenerate teaching magisterium,
In response to this statement I would only have this in response to him or those who listen to him.

Mat 16:18 And I say to thee: That thou art Peter; and upon this rock I will build my church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.
Joh 16:13 But when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will teach you all truth. For he shall not speak of himself: but what things soever he shall hear, he shall speak. And the things that are to come, he shall shew you.

Unless Jesus lied or decided to wait until the reformation to let the Holy Spirit lead His Church, they are vehemently stating that the gates of hell did prevail. Not a good message to spread in my opinion.

Stand for the Truth. Jesus promised victory to His Church, Satan did not run it for 1500 years.

With love,
George
 
Sorry for posting this but it says it all about this group
christianworldviewnetwork.com
The part I quoted was mild compaired to what is on this site.

**
The Church of Rome Spawned the Current Apostasy

By Ken Silva


In the Vatican II document Nostra Aetate, “Declaration On The Relation Of The Church To Non-Christian Religions,” from the apostate Church of Rome we can trace the very roots of The Ecumenical Church Of Deceit (ECoD) of new evangelicalism. And this document also spawned the current apostasy and continues to provide the fuel for the spiritual wildfire now sweeping into the heart of the evangelical camp itself. For you see it was **Nostra Aetate **that would open the door for Trappist monk Thomas Merton, one of contemplative spirituality’s prized Buddhas, as well as others to openly pursue their interspiritual dialogues.



 
Good post Katleen,

It seems the author of that tirade ignored this paragraph from the Nostra Aetate

The Church, therefore, exhorts her sons, that through dialogue and collaboration with the followers of other religions, carried out with prudence and love and in witness to the Christian faith and life, they recognize, preserve and promote the good things, spiritual and moral, as well as the socio-cultural values found among these men.

the Holy Father never once conceded to the doctrines of non-Christian religions, he only states to use the commonalities to be a witnessing tool.

With love,
George
 
This is what I mean. These people are spreading this kind of garbage all over the place. This group, Silva included, seems to have a pretty big following. They do “educational” events all over the country under the umbrella of “Worldview Weekend Conferences” Also, as I said before, they are connected to (or at least associate themselves with) the American Family Association which has national influence and also has Catholic members, employees, ect. :confused: Someone with more learning and expertise than me should keep an eye on these people. Has anyone here ever been to one of these weekend conferences?
 
Does anyone know anything about a group that posts articles on the website christianworldviewnetwork.com? The site is run by Brannon Howse, the same guy who runs the “Worldview Weekend” traveling show. They are also connected to the American Family Association, which curiously enough, has a few Catholic employees and some Catholic support.
It may be “curious” but it’s not that uncommon. Conservative evangelicals these days are torn between their traditional anti-Catholicism and the evident fact that Catholics are allies on many of the things they care about most (I use the phrase “conservative evangelical” deliberately, as opposed to died-in-the-wool fundamentalists who remain solidly anti-Catholic on the one hand, and more moderate/liberal evangelicals such as myself who have completely rejected anti-Catholicism on the other).

I got on the Worldview Weekend folks’ mailing list at some point and get their email, and sometimes I follow it up by visiting their website. Mostly they annoy me!

In Christ,

Edwin
 
It may be “curious” but it’s not that uncommon. Conservative evangelicals these days are torn between their traditional anti-Catholicism and the evident fact that Catholics are allies on many of the things they care about most (I use the phrase “conservative evangelical” deliberately, as opposed to died-in-the-wool fundamentalists who remain solidly anti-Catholic on the one hand, and more moderate/liberal evangelicals such as myself who have completely rejected anti-Catholicism on the other).

I got on the Worldview Weekend folks’ mailing list at some point and get their email, and sometimes I follow it up by visiting their website. Mostly they annoy me!

In Christ,

Edwin
How often to you respond?
 
A protestant friend of mine gave me a link to an article from this guy Silva, in it he quoted the infamous Boettner list. If someone quotes from Boettner’s book ‘Roman Catholicism’ to me it is an indication that a person is sloppy and does not care about facts and just merely their own agenda. I told my friend that this guy Silva was quoting from a work that is the ‘DaVinci Code’ of theology. To me Silva is a hate monger out to make a quick buck tickling the ears of those who love to hate the Catholic church. Apparently this guy is becoming pretty popular in some circles where people want a return to old time Protestantism and think that the mad rants of people like this is the way to go. I have a low opinion of snake oil salesmen like this.

Just my two cents.
 
Traditional Catholics have more in common with these beliefs regarding a “new emerging church” than they do with the post-Vatican II Novus Ordo.

I’m feeling all squishy and bubbly inside just remembering the beloved “Clown Mass”.😛

novusordowatch.org/
 
Not all Traditional Catholics are sedavacantists although they feel that that the Novus Ordo is at the very least improprietary.

Is CMRI sedavacantist?
cmri.org/theolog.htm
They deny that the Mass of Pope Paul VI is valid. The completely reject the Second Vatican Council, declaring it invalid. They claim that Pope Paul VI, Pope John Paul II and Pope Benedict XVI have committed heresy. They further claim these Popes are not legitimate Popes. In addition, they claim that the revisions to the Code of Canon Law were done to support heresy.

They clearly are not in communion with the Holy See in Rome.

I would conclude that they too do not present authentic Church teaching and are sedevacantist.

In addition, in another article, they declare themselves to be sedevacantist after some tying logic in knots to defend it.
 
They deny that the Mass of Pope Paul VI is valid. The completely reject the Second Vatican Council, declaring it invalid. They claim that Pope Paul VI, Pope John Paul II and Pope Benedict XVI have committed heresy. They further claim these Popes are not legitimate Popes. In addition, they claim that the revisions to the Code of Canon Law were done to support heresy.

They clearly are not in communion with the Holy See in Rome.

I would conclude that they too do not present authentic Church teaching and are sedevacantist.

In addition, in another article, they declare themselves to be sedevacantist after some tying logic in knots to defend it.
Thank you. That is very helpful.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top