I
Inego_de_Loyola
Guest
I’m not the least bit frustrated, you’ve not given me a reason yet that stands up to scrutiny as to why from the perspective of the fraudster it is immoral. He loves a world in which people are suspicious of each other; It’s one of the easiest cons to play.Well, that’s not a world in which we’d like to live. Which is precisely my point. We don’t want to have a society where little old ladies are suspicious of everyone. So fraud is something we frown on.
I’m not sure why we’re debating this particular point. We both think that fraud is wrong. I suspect you think it’s ‘wrong because it’s wrong - isn’t it obvious’. Maybe because God has told you that it’s wrong by writing it in your heart. I’m good with that, but it doesn’t work for me becuase I don’t believe in God.
Yet I can agree with you that murder, fruad, theft, assault etc are all wrong. Maybe you think that God has written these ‘rules’ into my heart as well, so the fact that I don’t belive in Him doesn’t really matter.
If that’s the case, then I’m not likely to be able to persuade you otherwise. But even if there were no God, if you woke up tomorrow with no conception of God, you would still be able to give me practical reasons why people should not lie, steal, murder etc. That’s what I’m doing to you.
You seem frustrated by that.