A
Annc
Guest
I searched the forums for this but couldn’t find anyting. I couldn’t find anything on line either that helped. If there is a thread that I missed please redirect me. Or if there is an article out there please direct me to that.
I need some clarification on the concept that God forgets our sins once we repent and ask for forgiveness. Hebrews 8:12 says “I know that Their sins and their lawless deeds I will remember no more”
There have been times that while I have taken sins to confession and received absolution I occasionally wrestle with regret and sorrow for the sin and its consequences. I do understand that I am forgiven and I accept the grace that Jesus is offering. The St. Faustina’s diary and the message of Divine Mercy have opened my heart to His grace.
The need for clarification comes up because a friend told me that since God forgets our sins it is wrong to think about them in any way. That doesn’t make sense to me in terms of the need to be sorrowful, make reparation and if God forgets then what is the particular judgement about? I thought we were judged according to our life in its entirety.
Thanks for any references or insights.
God bless.
I need some clarification on the concept that God forgets our sins once we repent and ask for forgiveness. Hebrews 8:12 says “I know that Their sins and their lawless deeds I will remember no more”
There have been times that while I have taken sins to confession and received absolution I occasionally wrestle with regret and sorrow for the sin and its consequences. I do understand that I am forgiven and I accept the grace that Jesus is offering. The St. Faustina’s diary and the message of Divine Mercy have opened my heart to His grace.
The need for clarification comes up because a friend told me that since God forgets our sins it is wrong to think about them in any way. That doesn’t make sense to me in terms of the need to be sorrowful, make reparation and if God forgets then what is the particular judgement about? I thought we were judged according to our life in its entirety.
Thanks for any references or insights.
God bless.