Does God give everyone an equal chance?

  • Thread starter Thread starter vtech2009
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
V

vtech2009

Guest
Two questions actually:
  1. Does God love everyone equally, the same - I guess yes, infinitely the same?
  2. Does each person have the chance equally to meet God?
For point 2, I know people who seek, and nothing. When I tried seeking, I found. Does it mean we are trying differently, or are some called and pulled more than others?

Some people seem to be content with a life without God. I don’t, I feel the pull towards God, and I thank him for that.
 
Two questions actually:
  1. Does God love everyone equally, the same - I guess yes, infinitely the same?
  2. Does each person have the chance equally to meet God?
For point 2, I know people who seek, and nothing. When I tried seeking, I found. Does it mean we are trying differently, or are some called and pulled more than others?

Some people seem to be content with a life without God. I don’t, I feel the pull towards God, and I thank him for that.
You seem to have already keyed in to the difficulty of the question, because God loves us all infinitely. As a matter of fact, it is difficult (or perhaps impossible) to “compare” God’s love for one of His creatures to His love for another.

Certainly, we all do now and will in Heaven the receive the full extent of God’s infinite love. At the same time, however, it could be said that God loves certain souls (such as, perhaps, His Immaculate Mother, Mary) more than others, simply because those souls returned his love in much greater measure than some others.
If I read your question as meaning: “Do all souls have an equal chance to get to Heaven?” (which, I think, is what you are asking) then the answer is no. All souls are given graces necessary to get to Heaven, because God wants all of us to be with Him, but some souls are given graces in MUCH greater measure. There is no universal axiom saying that God must give us all exactly equal graces, because we were created by Him and He owes us nothing whatsoever. As such, all that we receive is a gratuitous gift, and there is no reason why God should be restricted in how or to whom He gives more or less grace.

To be clear, though: All souls can get to Heaven. God never asks us the impossible.
 
Thanks, but then how is it possible that some are given more graces, and others less, while each being infinitely loved ? 🙂

Said differently, I feel sadness knowing that I have been blessed by God in the sense that I want to be with him, while others, do not share the same feeling. Some will say it’s free will and choice, but maybe some receive a stronger pull? Or is it because they want that pull?
 
Thanks, but then how is it possible that some are given more graces, and others less, while each being infinitely loved ? 🙂

Said differently, I feel sadness knowing that I have been blessed by God in the sense that I want to be with him, while others, do not share the same feeling. Some will say it’s free will and choice, but maybe some receive a stronger pull? Or is it because they want that pull?
Remember the parable of the talents.
 
God gives us free will. Everyone follows their own path and makes their own decisions.
 
HI,

To your question does God love everyone equally.

I would think not, but God does love all.

I would believe that God loves His Son more. I would think that Jesus loves His Mother more.

The apostle John He loved.

What make one thing better that another thing?
Is it becasue God loves the better more, as He created it better.

We are created in God image and likeness, so I love my wife more, than my neighbors wife, my children more that my neighbor children.

(Rom 9:13 ESV) As it is written, “Jacob I loved, but Esau I hated.”

Even during creation some was good, and the whole was very good.

(Gen 1:4 ESV) And God saw that the light was good. And God separated the light from the darkness.

(Gen 1:31 ESV) And God saw everything that he had made, and behold, it was very good. And there was evening and there was morning, the sixth day.
 
Thanks, but then how is it possible that some are given more graces, and others less, while each being infinitely loved ? 🙂
Take an analogy from St. Therese of the Child Jesus.

She says each soul is unique and therefore irreplaceable, like how the different flowers in a garden have their own charm and beauty. If all were roses or all were lilies, then it would be such an uninteresting garden, wouldn’t it? But the fact that there is a variety makes the garden more beautiful and makes every single one much needed and loved.

Maybe the same can be said with grace. Some are given more, some are given less, in the same way that a rose is given so much splendor compared to a humble little flower. But the existence of that little flower makes the garden even more beautiful and God would not trade that little flower for any other.

Another explanation I can think of is that giving less grace to others enables God to exercise his mercy through forgiveness. We may say that a person given less grace might be more prone to weakness and therefore might commit sin more often (this is not to say that God made people sin, because we have free will, but maybe less aid is given them albeit sufficient to reject sin). Even then, God doesn’t cease to remain faithful. He supports that soul, always ready to forgive when she comes back to Him.
 
For point 2, I know people who seek, and nothing. When I tried seeking, I found. Does it mean we are trying differently, or are some called and pulled more than others?

Some people seem to be content with a life without God. I don’t, I feel the pull towards God, and I thank him for that.
This seems like a “quasi-calvinist” view, at least to the degree of “predestined to be with or without God.” In truth, it’s a great observation that some seem not to feel the pull of God - but I would suggest that perhaps they do. Perhaps they just don’t recognize it in the same way you do, perhaps they misinterpret it to mean something else all together. Perhaps they d feel it but are stubborn against it - and we end up perceiving that they are content without God.

I don’t know which is right, I can’t imagine not feeling a pull towards God, but I’ve known nothing else. I’ve fought it from time to time, I’ve even thought I was following that pull when I wasn’t. 🤷

Good topic, great food for thought! 😃
 
Two questions actually:
  1. Does God love everyone equally, the same - I guess yes, infinitely the same? …
For point 2, I know people who seek, and nothing. When I tried seeking, I found. Does it mean we are trying differently, or are some called and pulled more than others?

Some people seem to be content with a life without God. I don’t, I feel the pull towards God, and I thank him for that.
  1. Yes, see John 3:16, and look at the last few lines of the Gospel of Matthew.
    With ur no. 1 question, the 1st responder was talking about out rewards, ‘when’ we get to Heaven. But, here on earth, the Lord loves us equally even tho’ it doesn’t always seem that way. 🙂
“2) Does each person have the chance equally to meet God?” Let’s exclude the Devils, first.

Meet our main Papa in Heaven, yes. On earth, yes. Through faith, we believe.
Eitherway, pls define ‘meet God’.
 
“Or is it because they want that pull?”

Yup! We own our will.
‘God must be chased, and the more u chase Him, the more u catch Him.’ - Maimonides (A Jew, but the quote’s still true)

ps: I’m tired right now.
 
Two questions actually:
  1. Does God love everyone equally, the same - I guess yes, infinitely the same?
  2. Does each person have the chance equally to meet God?
For point 2, I know people who seek, and nothing. When I tried seeking, I found. Does it mean we are trying differently, or are some called and pulled more than others?

Some people seem to be content with a life without God. I don’t, I feel the pull towards God, and I thank him for that.
Not equally but fairly. He will always give sufficient grace, but He does grace to some more than others. Especially when this special grace will help others in his church and the world.

I also think that when a person cooperates with his grace, He continues to give them more and more. And when they refuse his grace, then he will give it to someone else.
For instance, the Mass. Why do some get so much out of the Mass and others do not. Simple … because they prepare for the Mass, and recognize it for what it really is and appreciate Jesus for allowing them the privilege to be there each and every time.
While others sit thru it boringly with very little exorcise of understanding or faith.

It is also a spiritual reality that if graces are not asked for, they are not given. That is why prayer is so important. God does cooperate with us in our desires … or our lack of them.

May Jesus be praised.
 
I don’t know the right answer, but one time I was told something that helped me. God’s grace is like the sunshine… some people leave their eyes wide open to receive all the light they can, some find the light to be too much so they squint and miss some … others just walk around with their eyes closed
 
I don’t know the right answer, but one time I was told something that helped me. God’s grace is like the sunshine… some people leave their eyes wide open to receive all the light they can, some find the light to be too much so they squint and miss some … others just walk around with their eyes closed
🙂
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top