Does God love Satan?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ace86
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Ace86

Guest
Ok. Here’s a really weird question that I haven’t heard of until recently, and I don’t know the answer. If you know of a church doc that points this out, then please post a link.

Does God love Satan? If his Love is infinite, then can God love Satan? Is it logical for him to do so?

I’m not trying to start any new heresies either…
 
God created out of love, and loves His Creation.
I think He does love even the damned, even the devils.
 
Ok. Here’s a really weird question that I haven’t heard of until recently, and I don’t know the answer. If you know of a church doc that points this out, then please post a link.

Does God love Satan? If his Love is infinite, then can God love Satan? Is it logical for him to do so?

I’m not trying to start any new heresies either…
:eek: :rolleyes: :eek: Heresy Starter!!
Someone get the feathers and tar!
We have one starting up here!
WP
 
the book of wisdom says something to the effect of

what you hateth you createth not
 
Anything in so far as it exists is good. Even Satan is good ontologically. Thus God cannot but love Satan. If God ceased to love him then he would cease to exist.
 
Anything in so far as it exists is good. Even Satan is good ontologically. Thus God cannot but love Satan. If God ceased to love him then he would cease to exist.
What does ontologically mean? :confused:
 
What does ontologically mean? :confused:
In this context it means in his being. This is to distinguish between ontological goodness and moral goodness. Ontology has to do with Being or existence as such where Ethics deals with actions. So, Satan is ontologically good but he is morally corrupt/depraved.
 
Ok. Here’s a really weird question that I haven’t heard of until recently, and I don’t know the answer. If you know of a church doc that points this out, then please post a link.

Does God love Satan? If his Love is infinite, then can God love Satan? Is it logical for him to do so?

I’m not trying to start any new heresies either…
Hello Ace,

I think you are getting some sort of “unconditional love”, “universal salvation”, “infinite love with no condemnation to hell” from the way modern Christian leaders present Christ’s gospel.
Modern Christian teachers like to selectively only preach on Jesus’ words on forgiveness. Modern Christian teachers avoid teaching Christ’s gospel where He tells us He will condemn people to hell. Many times Jesus speaks of who He will not forgive and who He will condemn to hell but you will not hear this in modern homilies. I think that if you balance your studies to both the forgiving teachings of Jesus and the times Jesus teaches that He will burn someone in hell, you will get a far better understanding of what Christ’s love is really like.

Jesus loves us all. Jesus loves heaven goers and hell goers. Jesus still damns hell goers, whom He loves, to hell.

Please visit: WARNING! Jesus Does Not Forgive All
NAB MAT 25:41

Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you accursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. For I was hungry and you gave me no food, I was thirsty and you gave me no drink, a stranger and you gave me no welcome, naked and you gave me no clothing, ill and in prison, and you did not care for me.’ Then they will answer and say, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or ill or in prison, and not minister to your needs?’ He will answer them, ‘Amen, I say to you, what you did not do for one of these least ones, you did not do for me.’ And these will go off to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life."
**NAB2 LUK 13:23 **

Someone asked him, “Lord, will only a few people be saved?” He answered them, "Strive to enter through the narrow gate, for many, I tell you, will attempt to enter but will not be strong enough. After the master of the house has arisen and locked the door, then will you stand outside knocking and saying, ‘Lord, open the door for us.’ He will say to you in reply, ‘I do not know where you are from.’ And you will say, ‘We ate and drank in your company and you taught in our streets.’ Then he will say to you, 'I do not know where (you) are from. Depart from me, all you evildoers!’ And there will be wailing and grinding of teeth when you see Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob and all the prophets in the kingdom of God and you yourselves cast out. NAB JOH 5:27

“The Father has given over to him power to pass judgment because he is Son of Man; no need for you to be surprised at this, for an hour is coming in which all those in their tombs shall hear his voice and come forth. Those who have done right shall rise to live; the evildoers shall rise to be damned.”
 
Ok. Here’s a really weird question that I haven’t heard of until recently, and I don’t know the answer. If you know of a church doc that points this out, then please post a link.

Does God love Satan? If his Love is infinite, then can God love Satan? Is it logical for him to do so?

I’m not trying to start any new heresies either…
Of course God loves Satan…he created him! Satan rejected God…and therefore seperated himself from God. Satan is in hell… which is the absence of God, this doesn’t mean that God doesn’t love him, it just means that Satan rejected God. Why did Satan reject God? Because of his pride. As with many great sins and sinners… His pride caused him to reject the love of his Creator.
 
Ok. Here’s a really weird question that I haven’t heard of until recently, and I don’t know the answer. If you know of a church doc that points this out, then please post a link.

Does God love Satan? If his Love is infinite, then can God love Satan? Is it logical for him to do so?

I’m not trying to start any new heresies either…
Not on your life!! The S-man is a fallen angel the gave birth to evil itself!!
 
Not on your life!! The S-man is a fallen angel the gave birth to evil itself!!
This is completely incorrect. First of all, evil is not a thing it is a lack of goodness (the opposite of a thing). So, Satan did not “give birth to evil” that is silly. Moral evil is a result of freewill. Natural evil is a result of the finite nature of creation.
 
if there was no Satan, there would be no evil.
That doesn’t make any sense. Look, even in the beginning Adam and Eve did not need Satan to commit Original Sin. They could have chosen of their own volition to eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. When I or you sin it is not because Satan makes us sin but rather we sin because we choose to. If this were not true then there would be no need for any soul to enter hell because no human would be a fault for their sins. This only briefly speaks of moral evil. But natural evil exists simply because of finitude and not for any other reason.
 
Small price to pay for virtue.
Actually it would be a gigantic price. Without freedom then we would not be able to love and without the ability to love then we would not have been made in the image and likeness of God and then we would have have been able to enter heaven anyway.
 
Actually it would be a gigantic price. Without freedom then we would not be able to love and without the ability to love then we would not have been made in the image and likeness of God and then we would have have been able to enter heaven anyway.
Hang freedom, we all got to make sacrifices. We want heaven to be full and hell to be empty.
 
Hang freedom, we all got to make sacrifices. We want heaven to be full and hell to be empty.
I agree that we want heaven full but what I think you are missing is that without freedom we cannot enter heaven. Then we become no different than the animals.
 
I agree that we want heaven full but what I think you are missing is that without freedom we cannot enter heaven. Then we become no different than the animals.
Freedom is a sin. There is no freedom without God and Jesus.
 
Freedom is a sin. There is no freedom without God and Jesus.
Ok this is just absurd. You are once again going back on my ignore list. If freedom is a sin then God is the greatest sinner since He Himself is completely free and He is the author of our own freedom.
 
All I can say is: we must never love Satan. And neither did God and Jesus.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top