Does God love Satan?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ace86
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
All I can say is: we must never love Satan. And neither did God and Jesus.
I have never advocating loving Satan. But the burden of proof rests on your shoulders to say that Christ never loved Satan.

Lucifer was an angel (his creation) - God loves all of his angels - but Lucifer fell because of his Sin of Pride.

Man was his Creation. - God loves man - but man fell because of original sin.
 
I’m not sure (Mosher would know), but doesn’t this edge up on dualism?
You may be right. Dualism would be the belief that Satan is a Being “equal” in power to God. Like God’s Archenemy or something. God is all-powerful. But Satan is not as powerful as God.
 
You may be right. Dualism would be the belief that Satan is a Being “equal” in power to God. Like God’s Archenemy or something. God is all-powerful. But Satan is not as powerful as God.
No, God has no opposite. The opposite of Satan would be Saint Michael the Archangel.
 
Yeah it seems to be a type of theistic dualism which in my opinion is actually a form of polytheism (though usually unintended).
 
Ok. Here’s a really weird question that I haven’t heard of until recently, and I don’t know the answer. If you know of a church doc that points this out, then please post a link.

Does God love Satan? If his Love is infinite, then can God love Satan? Is it logical for him to do so?

I’m not trying to start any new heresies either…
Dear sibling in Christ,

I do believe that God loves Satan. He gave Satan free will, and that, in itself, is an act of love.

Because the Triune God made all Creation out of love, he does indeed love Satan.
 
Ok. Here’s a really weird question that I haven’t heard of until recently, and I don’t know the answer. If you know of a church doc that points this out, then please post a link.

Does God love Satan? If his Love is infinite, then can God love Satan? Is it logical for him to do so?

I’m not trying to start any new heresies either…
My little cousin once asked me this question and I said… Yes God loves Satan because He loves ALL of His creatures or else He would not have created them.

Then she goes on to ask me… does that mean we have to love Satan too? That got me thinking, logically, why we must NOT love Satan… anyone care to enlighten me? Thanks in advance.
 
My little cousin once asked me this question and I said… Yes God loves Satan because He loves ALL of His creatures or else He would not have created them.

Then she goes on to ask me… does that mean we have to love Satan too? That got me thinking, logically, why we must NOT love Satan… anyone care to enlighten me? Thanks in advance.
There is nothing wrong with loving Satan in the same way that God loves Him. It is similar to the “love the sinner hate the sin” axiom.

We can love him for what he is, an angelic being created by God but we must hate his works.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top