G
genevieve4
Guest
I’m not Catholic, but seems like there are a lot of people with strong opinions (and superiority complexes) on the different Catholic worship styles/rites.
Would God really care if people did a sign of the cross in sets of three versus once, or if Latin or English is used, or if there is incense, or if guitars are used instead of organs? I would think different worship styles would just be a matter of preference or tradition… but I keep running across this attitude that those who don’t follow the Latin Mass, Eastern Rite, etc are less holy or less Catholic somehow.
Does God really care about liturgical orthodoxy? Aren’t there bigger issues to worry about (like the culture of death…)? Just wondering what your thoughts are… cheers!
Would God really care if people did a sign of the cross in sets of three versus once, or if Latin or English is used, or if there is incense, or if guitars are used instead of organs? I would think different worship styles would just be a matter of preference or tradition… but I keep running across this attitude that those who don’t follow the Latin Mass, Eastern Rite, etc are less holy or less Catholic somehow.
Does God really care about liturgical orthodoxy? Aren’t there bigger issues to worry about (like the culture of death…)? Just wondering what your thoughts are… cheers!