I can’t help but notice that he never actually calls her mother in the gospels
and there is that section where a woman said, blessed was the womb that bore you and he pretty much said that obeying God’s word was more important than her being his mother. and woulndn’t go out to speak with her
I’m not sure what to think about this really
has anyone else ever struggled with it?
I think Christ does acknowledge his mother on numerous occasions.
When they say his mother and others are waiting for him, Christ asks who his mother is…that it is who does God’s will. So, even by that description, he is clearly** including** Mary, again, because she does God’s will to an unbelievable degree.
Further, he often referred to her as “woman”, but some theorize it is because she is the “New Eve”. It was not a “put down”.
Christ actually elevated women in many ways. He spoke to women others wouldn’t speak to on many occasions, so he, in no way, was “down” on women, or his mother, either.
Then, at the crucifixion, his last words had to do with his mother, giving her to us, to the world, now as our mother. He also made sure she was provided for, entrusted her to John at that moment.
Mary was included in the key moments of Christ. Her womb was the first place Jesus went on earth! What does that say about God’s feelings towards the Blessed Virgin Mary?
She was entrusted with God’s son, God! What greater honor is there than that?
She carried Jesus, God, for 9 months! She nursed him, cared for him, raised him, protected him. She was with him at his first public miracle, at his death, at the grave.
I am not troubled, because in the rosary, they also say Mary received a crown as Queen of Heaven, that God, himself, crowned her.
Mary was, in a sense, Jesus’ first disciple.
I know Jesus loved her. Sometimes, people can read scripture, misinterpret what happened, but I am certain of it.