Does PayPal give money to Planned Parenthood?

• Thread starter Thread starter Jesus176
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jesus176

Hello, I was just wondering, when you get PayPal fees, does some of that money go to Planned Parenthood? I know I posted here about something like this but I didn’t include this question in my previous post. I posted a question on reddit asking other prolifers what to do and someone told me to “balance it out.” Take the amount of fees that they took and donate to a prolife cause. But before I do that, I need to know if whether or not PayPal gives any money to Planned Parenthood. Thanks

Last edited:
Oh, probably. One way to find out: somewhere, they have a page which lists their charitable or social activities and donations. Look for that and if they do not list the organizations, ask for a list.

Note: they will be suspicious.

Well it is under charities that people can donate to but I always thought that that means that they are giving people options to donate. I just don’t want any of my money going there

When you by a beer do you check the bartender does not donate part of your tip, or her wages, to planned parenthood?

I don’t know why but that made me laugh probably more than it should 😂 But in all seriousness, I’ve just been hearing stuff about then giving to that organization so I was concerned

You could ask for slightly more beer to neutralise the difference. 🙂

Hello, I was just wondering, when you get PayPal fees, does some of that money go to Planned Parenthood?
No.
I posted a question on reddit asking other prolifers what to do and someone told me to “balance it out.”
There isn’t anything to “balance out”.
Take the amount of fees that they took and donate to a prolife cause.
You are NOT under any obligation to do so, even if PayPal did give to PP, and frankly “reddit” isn’t the place to get accurate information.

You are perfectly capable of using google and of contacting PayPal to ask them your questions. I suggest you do that instead.

I am not aware of any corporate giving to Planned PArenthood by PayPal but it would take a lot of digging into 990 forms to find out.
I need to know if whether or not PayPal gives any money to Planned Parenthood
PayPal allows any 501c3 charity to set up a giving portal and receive donation without charging that charity fees.

Both charities we support and those we do not are set up on this service, including some Planned Parenthood subsidiaries.

So no, your money isn’t going to PP unless you go to their portal and donate to them.

As for “needing to know”— why is this?

Last edited:
Ok, thank you so much for confirming this. To answer your question, I was originally going to plan on “balancing it out (it was just a recommendation that someone gave me)” if they truly did give money to them, that’s why I wanted to know before I made the choice

Let’s be clear though.

People and companies give their money to causes we do not agree with and would not personally give to. You are not under an obligation to “balance it out” by giving your money in equal and opposite amounts elsewhere. If we transact business with a legitimate business, what they do with their proceeds is not our burden to bear. We do not do anything immoral by doing business with them.

It only becomes immoral if we are doing business with them specifically to support the bad cause, or if they are the direct bad actor.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back