Does satan use sexual desire to influence sin?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Robertganger
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Robertganger

Guest
E.e audultery, lust unjust judgement if someone finds someone unattractive?
 
How do I stop my sexual desires from corrupting my soul I’ve stop masterbating, spending time on hobbies stopped thinking about women in a lustful manner, praying for god to fix this problem but I cant stop thinking about my sexual desires even though I know its satan’s trap would it be better if I were became a celibate for life and save my soul?
 
Last edited:
You probably should seek spiritual direction. And if you cannot control your sinful thoughts you might want to seek mental health professionals as well.
 
It’s hard though because it’s part of the human biology and everyone says it normal but I’m trying.
 
Not everyone says it is normal. And I have no idea what part of human biology means. Self abuse is not part of human biology. Not every desire is part of human biology. When you are married you will desire others. This is not ok to act on either.

It really is not any harder than “Don’t do it”
 
How do I stop my sexual desires from corrupting my soul I’ve stop masterbating, spending time on hobbies stopped thinking about women in a lustful manner, praying for god to fix this problem but I cant stop thinking about my sexual desires even though I know its satan’s trap would it be better if I were became a celibate for life and save my soul?
You can use mental resistance when inappropriate thoughts occur (temptations), not willing to dwell upon them. Recognition of such thoughts may take 2 to 3 seconds. Perhaps begin some other line of thought or prayer.

Baltimore Catechism
Q. 1318. Are impure thoughts and desires always sins?
A. Impure thoughts and desires are always sins, unless they displease us and we try to banish them.
 
If anyone else is going through as some problem hope this helps

(Please Note: This uploaded content is no longer available.)

(Please Note: This uploaded content is no longer available.)

(Please Note: This uploaded content is no longer available.)
(Please Note: This uploaded content is no longer available.)
 
Stop watching porn. If your gadgets keep sending porn, change your age to 14year old.

Flag youtube with mature contents.

Type the word “sex” on the youtube search. If porn or nudity occurs, flag and report it. Do this even as you are falling again and again. Together with confessionals & flag youtube and changing your google age, you are asserting yourself you do not want it anymore. As your soul and your gadget clean, your mind will be healed too.

Throw away all violent books and distructive behaviors. For example cursing or bullying your little sister/ brother/ friend ( if any), lying to your mom or wife, and so on.

Pray and always try to foster goodwill anywhere you go. Go for confessionals everytime you watch porn. Do not condemn/ curse yourself for imagining things. Only do not watch porn, because porn is evil.

It is normal for a man to like woman. But that is meant to grow mature as a faithful love for one woman. Don’t worry, so long you try to stop watching porn and stop cursing, and permitting yourself from indulging on others pain (such as bullying behavior) , then the Lord Himself will come to heal you.

This experience of healing will stengthen you in your faith in Him. When He heal you, give all praise to Him alone. Do not give credits to others, such as yourself, or the psychologist who help you or anyone else. You can say thankyou to them at human level, but in your heart your thanks only to Him who heal you.

May the Lord bless you and be with you
 
Last edited:
Thank you I’m already starting to became more spiritually fulfilled by destroying my sexual desires god bless you, truly changed my perspective and life forever🙏.
 
more spiritually fulfilled by destroying my sexual desires
That’s quite extreme. The body, and sex, are good things. Lust is the corruption of these good things into means of selfish pleasure, such as masturbation, which is one of the crimes against nature. Destroy your lust, not your sexual desire, which is natural. This is only possible in the long term with the help of sanctifying grace.
 
Last edited:
.
Satan will use any means possible to cause us to sin.
To a preceding poster, being tempted isn’t a sin. Yielding to it, even simply voluntary sexual excitement is a sin.
 
Last edited:
Satan hates sexual desire because it leads to sensual pleasure, closeness, and new human beings. Even when two people are fornicating, the pleasure the experience brings is intensely displeasing and enraging to the devil. They experience a fleeting happiness in that moment and this makes the demons all the more eager to tear them to pieces.

But yes, like anything else, he actively works hard to corrupt it. Its foundational to society and to individuals.
 
Last edited:
I disagree sexual desire is the gateway to sin, sexual desires are caused by attraction which is your judgement of another which is prohibited by the bible, you should be the only one with the right to judge yourself but because of sexual desires sinning becomes inevitable e.g. people who exercise porn/masterbation are judging someone they know nothing about just for the pleasure of satisfying themselves, sexual desire also causes cheating, divorce,rape,bullying unjust judgement, racism and sexism in some cases in theory just for own gratification I know that most people believe it’s normal to have sexual desires and that’s ok but for my self I no longer want sexual desires I want the desire of knowledge, equality and being better than I was yesterday I would rather be a celibate than to have sexual desires and judge people for my own pleasure and sin.
 
Sexual desire is the reason I have 7 kids. And the reason my wife and I have a great and holy marriage.
 
If that’s your case good for you, but for some people including me its gives them more bad than good that’s just my personal opinion I cant judge your viewpoint if I dont personally know you.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top