Does satan use sexual desire to influence sin?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Robertganger
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well the Catholic Church teaches very clearly that the devil and demons are real creatures.

CCC
391 Behind the disobedient choice of our first parents lurks a seductive voice, opposed to God, which makes them fall into death out of envy.266 Scripture and the Church’s Tradition see in this being a fallen angel, called “Satan” or the “devil”.267 The Church teaches that Satan was at first a good angel, made by God: "The devil and the other demons were indeed created naturally good by God, but they became evil by their own doing."268
And in 414
Satan or the devil and other demons are fallen angels who have freely refused to serve God and His plan…

Jesus talked with satan. Jesus believed he was real. Many saints, even the pope have had visions of satan. You might not believe he is real, but he knows you are.

Did you ever see the Usual Suspects? That quote “The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn’t exist.” literally sent shivers down my spine. There has been much discussion on this. It’s not new.

In 1856 “Spiritualism, a Satanic Delusion, and a Sign of the Times” by Pastor William Ramsey included this passage:
One of the most striking proofs of the personal existence of Satan, which our times afford us, is found in the fact, that he has so influenced the minds of multitudes in reference to his existence and doings, as to make them believe that he does not exist ; and that the hosts of Demons or Evil Spirits, over whom Satan presides as Prince, are only the phantacies of the brain, some halucination of mind. Could we have a stronger proof of the existence of a mind so mighty as to produce such results?
 
Idk if satan’s a ghost or whatever I personally believe that theres good and bad, personally for me the sexual desires I’ve had in the past haven’t given me any good for me sexual desires are just false judgement of what you want someone to be for your own satisfaction, and I dont believe that a little desire would keep me goal oriented as they aren’t anything special for me, because you shouldn’t have to desire someone or have them desire you to know your own self worth, I know this path of destroying my sexual desires isn’t cool or normal at least form societies perspective but I know I’m better than a victim of unjust judgement for self pleasure that’s just my opinion besides I know many celibates who’ve achieved there goals and done great things for the world without any sexual desires.
 
Last edited:
Yeah I understand with no doubt but I get the other persons point of it’s hard to prove that if these creatures influence sexual desire besides the point If I believe they do then they do for me
 
Last edited:
E.e audultery, lust unjust judgement if someone finds someone unattractive?
The answer is simple my friend…

Lucifer is very clever and will use every trick possibly.

People forget NO ANGEL was more beautiful and attractive than Lucifer FACT because the bible tells us so.

So one of his greatest tricks is obviously going to be sexual and beauty.

Now I’m not going to judge but it’s NO coincidence in this world outside beauty holds much power and sway. Some of the most attractive people in this world have evil in their hearts .

Thankfully God only judges and looks inside a person NOT their outward appearances.
 
I dont have to persistence to read books but I looked over the general plot, and I’m glad that I’m destroying my sexual desires and pursing a celibate life that’s the type of self discipline I need to be successful thanks for the advice👍.
 
Last edited:
Satan hates sexual desire because it leads to sensual pleasure, closeness, and new human beings. Even when two people are fornicating, the pleasure the experience brings is intensely displeasing and enraging to the devil. They experience a fleeting happiness in that moment and this makes the demons all the more eager to tear them to pieces.
Sorry but I strongly disagree and if you truly believe Lucifer will not use sex as a tool to corrupt ones weakness you are underestimating him.
 
Two loving people MARRIED with children can still be tempted during sex.

Perhaps one choose forceful sex , painful sex , embarrassing sex and of course not least unnatural positions.

So please don’t think because a happily married couple have loving sex the devil is not close at hand.
 
Idk about attractive people being evil or whatever theres probably other factors to being evil as attractiveness is based on the individuals preception as theres no fixed scale besides the point I’m at a point where beauty and sexual desires no longer phases me or hold any value for me I’m more desired to bettering my self I’m no longer bound to satans tricks as a celibate.
 
He probably does. He’s not an idiot-- he knows how much of a problem sexual sin is. I can be in the middle of something that’s not even remotely sexual, and out of nowhere, sexual images will appear in my mind. I used to be addicted to pornography and the memories I have of those pornographic images are still quite strong. I don’t doubt that Satan can come along and project illicit images into my mind.
 
40.png
TK421:
Satan hates sexual desire because it leads to sensual pleasure, closeness, and new human beings. Even when two people are fornicating, the pleasure the experience brings is intensely displeasing and enraging to the devil. They experience a fleeting happiness in that moment and this makes the demons all the more eager to tear them to pieces.
Sorry but I strongly disagree and if you truly believe Lucifer will not use sex as a tool to corrupt ones weakness you are underestimating him.
No, you don’t disagree, you didn’t read what I wrote.

C.S. Lewis & earlier theologians have commented on this for a long time.

Satan hates the intimate and pleasurable aspect of sex, since that comes from God. The only reason he uses sexual desire is to corrupt its purpose. But he always hates the desirable aspect. If he could get people to sin without experiencing any ‘payoff’ he would do it… and he does. When a person falls into a sinful habit (sexual or otherwise) it generates lower and lower returns with satisfaction over time, but the person becomes caught up in it.
 
Last edited:
Well I disagree with C.S. Lewis & earlier theologians .

Satan can 100% be involved in sexual desires between a loving couple.

To think otherwise is underestimating him. No one truly knows what the other is thinking in those moments.

But if you believe Satan has no power that is up to you. I can tell you now from my own experience the mind and wonder in the most loving moments.
 
Last edited:
Hi Robertganger. The fact that you are aware of the dangers of these desires is fantastic. That is the Holy Spirit that has made you aware of Satan’s attack on you. It gives you a great chance of not giving into those temptations.

The simple desire to love and be loved by a woman is totally natural. Focus your efforts in finding a partner.

As for Satan he will always use women to tempt us. Be aware of his temptations and use God’s will to stand against them. God Bless
 
It may be natural to have the “desire to love women” but for me I dont want that for my life that doesn’t give me value anymore I’m not trying to be sexist and a misogynist, I’m not saying I dont care about women but I dont want any ounce of sexual desire in my life I’m mentally exhausted in spending my days thinking about sex and thinking about how I can get women to love me probally satan trying to destroy my dignity, besides the point I’m not saying its anyone’s fault, asking for sympathy or I’m a victim my problems are my responsibility I know that I sound like a weirdo but as a celibate I’m becoming my self again and more importantly a better person that’s just my decision and thanks too everyone for understanding.
 
Your not a weirdo. How old are you? Im 41yo and do not want to peruse a relationship either. But even so I still find myself having sexual desires and resorting to watching porn. Im a sinner. Satan tempts me through addiction. It’s my spiritual war against the evil one. I know it and God knows it. I myself am not strong enough to resist and lose some battles. But with God I find that I win a lot of battles. Without God I was loosing every battle.

For me I have conceded that my war against the evil one will go to the end. Yes I feel exhausted sometimes as well. I would suggest learning more about spiritual warfare so you can learn to better stand against the temptations of the enemy. God Bless
 
How do I stop my sexual desires from corrupting my soul I’ve stop masterbating, spending time on hobbies stopped thinking about women in a lustful manner, praying for god to fix this problem but I cant stop thinking about my sexual desires even though I know its satan’s trap would it be better if I were became a celibate for life and save my soul?
Just to clarify: you’re not under the impression that having a sex drive is a sin, per se, right? Remember that St. Paul said that for some people the right response to the insistent prodding of their sex drive is to marry: Now to the unmarried and to widows, I say: it is a good thing for them to remain as they are, as I do, but if they cannot exercise self-control they should marry, for it is better to marry than to be on fire. 1 Cor. 7:8-9. Obviously, it is not a sin to have a sex drive that makes celibacy extremely difficult and it is not a sin to marry in order to have a holy way of life in which to express that sex drive.

No. It is not gluttony to feel hunger, it is not lust to feel sexual desire, and it is not coveteousness to feel jealousy. It is not a sin to feel angry and you are not guilty of sin just because you feel guilty. Emotions are senses, like sight and hearing, but senses that give you a picture of your own inner state.

When you feel hungry or feel sexual desire or feel jealous or angry or whatever you are feeling, choose your actions with the awareness of your inner state. Examine your thoughts and how those influence your inner state. You may need to change what you choose to think about and how you choose to interpret what your senses tell you. You may need to work on forming your conscience in a better way, and I would second the suggestion made above that a good spiritual director can be very helpful.

Do not chase your own tail by expecting your inner state to always be untroubled by any desire but the desire for sanctity. That is not how it works in this vale of tears. We master our emotions and our physical drives; we do not eliminate them. We have to be honest when we find our state of life about what gifts and opportunities and challenges our particular make-up provides.
 
Last edited:
As for dealing with a persistent temptation, remember the maxim that it is impossible to “not think about elephants.” The way to stop a persistent thought that you want to conquer or eliminate is to find an incompatible thought or action to replace it with. If you don’t want to think about elephants, try thinking about predators. Those are incompatible thoughts. Likewise, if you don’t want to think about women in a lustful way, you might think about something totally different or you might try an incompatible way of thinking about women, such as thinking about how God sees the daughters of the Lord, praying that they are always seen with the great dignity they have, and so on. You could also reflect on the story of Tobit, that kind of thing. You could think about how you want to see your wife or perhaps pretend you are talking about her and your struggle to see her rightly with her father…that is a change of perspective that could help! This isn’t about finding one strategy that always works, but just looking for different ones that might help you out. Trying to “not think” something is not going to work, though. Instead, replace what you don’t want to do with positively choosing an incompatible action or thought that you DO want.

I would definitely suggest practicing seeing women in a positive way, in the way that you’d want to have them read the thoughts going through your mind as you choose to respond to an initial reaction that is perhaps objectifying or self-gratifying or otherwise inappropriate. That way, you are going to be in a much better situation when you are courting. You won’t give off a scary “I need an outlet for my sex drive so I want to find a wife” vibe, but instead whoever you are courting will get the sense that you are primarily concerned about her welfare as a person and a daughter of the Lord, even though you are obviously also attracted to the idea of relating to her as husband and wife do.
 
Last edited:
I’m a 17 year old, I know it’s hard not to have sexual desires or be tempeted into masterbation/lust especially in this digital era where everyone is promoting sexual images of them self and others, but you have to reliase this isn’t under your control as its some elses business and remember that only you can controll your actions and always remind yourself that your doing your best to destroy satan’s evil and becoming a better person, I recommend that you look at the prayers I posted above for destroying sexual desires aswell as find better things to spend you time on rather than satisfying your sexual desires may god bless you🙏.
 
I dont have anything against women or dont see them in a positive way I’m just stating that i dont want sexual desire towards them I believe that as a celibate it’s better for me because I can finally move past this ideology that I have to have sex, relationships with women just because I was born straight I cant explain it in words but every time I look back at the sexual desires I’ve had ever since I discovered my sexuality weren’t nothing but a bad dream I just believe that I’m better of being myself than pretending to be something else I know it’s considered normal to have sexual desire, but I’m my own person I do what makes me a better person.
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top