Does the Big Bang Theory conflict with the Bible?

• Thread starter Thread starter B777
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
It was a joke…
I don’t believe that jokes are going to convince an atheist of the truth of the Bible. First we had ad hominem answers attacking the questioner. Now we have jokes. OTOH, there are philosophers of the absurd who have difficulty making sense of the world around them.

Hi all,

Does the Big Bang Theory conflicts with what the bible teaches. The Big Bang did not finish creating earth in 7 days like God did, or even when it occurred, it isn’t the same time as what the bible describes.

What are the church views on the Big Bang Theory?

Thanks
A priest came up with the hypothesis.
A day in Old Testament Biblical Hebrew could not be understood or translated into how we in the 21st century understand the word

There is a reason why we have 10 Commandments and not 15, and it’s not because Mel Brooks dropped a tablet (if you get that joke you just aged yourself 😉
Moses was given over 60 commandments. Tell me why we use the top ten.

@AlNg and @OurLadyofSorrows, you seriously didn’t get the real point of my post.

It has nothing to do with the number of commandments God gave us, have you never heard of Mel Brooks the actor?

Anyway, my post was about how numbers have meanings in the bible, they are not random… NO I can’t tell you what the meanings are because I never studied the numbers in the bible.

I was trying to help @AINg out to explain why God said 7 days doesn’t really mean 7-24hr days. Sorry you didn’t understand the real reason for my post but that’s all I have to say on the subject of the big bang theory and the bible.

God Bless.

Last edited:
To the OP: no it doesn’t unless someone extrapolates from the Big Bang to conclude that the universe created itself by chance.

I agree with you. This is why I said ‘extrapolate’. It is illogical but some people do,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back