Does this counts as cooperation with evil?

  • Thread starter Thread starter starrygirl
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

starrygirl

Guest
My parents want me to record desperate housewives. But I think this may be leading my mom to sin because of its values. My mom have been watching it for a long time and I think it adversely affected her. I dont want to help her to watch this show. I want my mom to know the harm it might bring as she is a catholic and I want to let her know. But this is not in my place to decide. She is the parent. I don’t know how to tell my parents though but I don’t want to give mediate material coperation by recording or formal cooperation by not saying how wrong this show is. But I don’t want to disobey either.
 
My parents want me to record desperate housewives. But I think this may be leading my mom to sin because of its values. My mom have been watching it for a long time and I think it adversely affected her. I dont want to help her to watch this show. I want my mom to know the harm it might bring as she is a catholic and I want to let her know. But this is not in my place to decide. She is the parent. I don’t know how to tell my parents though but I don’t want to give mediate material coperation by recording or formal cooperation by not saying how wrong this show is. But I don’t want to disobey either.
You’re right, she is the parent. Unless she’s cheating on your dad, I don’t see how watching that show is leading your mom to sin. Sure, it’s not the most wholesome TV show out there, but like I said, unless she’s being unfaithful to your dad…

I think you’re being a bit scrupulous about this.
 
Do you KNOW it’s been adversely affecting her,or if its just a bit of entertainment?
 
It is just entertainment but perhaps discuss with your mom your concerns and feelings that such a show expresses inappropriate values.

Where were such devoted Catholic girls when I was growing up.
 
I do not believe this would qualify as cooperating with evil. You are doing a favor for someone who asked you that is all.

Peace
James
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top