Does Vicarius Filii Dei = 666?

  • Thread starter Thread starter MarkA16
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
My wife often brings up that numerology is considered to be a form of divination and that the church condemns such things. She then asks how those folks can justify engaging in something like that.

This also debunks it.

It’s hooey!
The fictional figuring in the opening post is gematria, not numerology.

Numerology as divination is something radically different.

In numerology, as with all of the other occultic ologies, at a point in the process the seer “lets go” and consults the spirits in the astral realms for advice on the questions being asked.

The seemingly ridiculous process works, but for bad, bad reasons: Demons answer.

The Bible itself, on the other hand, uses numbers in different ways – as number types, or symbols, primarily. 5, for example, symbolizes “Christ,” even in the OT.

Literalists in this website often freak out when I interpret the Bible’s symbology. In their desire for a purely literal interpretation, among other things they characterize number types as “Numerology! Numerology!,” to frighten people away with a scare word.
 
Doesn’t **Martin Luther **add up to 666???

The Vicarius Fulii Dei argument is POINTLESS, WORTHLESS, and has NO weight in the FACT that it is NOT a title of the Pope.

End of story.
 
Hi,

Lets calculate the real value of the name Ellen Gould White. Let us first see, how is that name written in the original latin alphabet.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_Latin_alphabet

Here one can read:
“C stood for /g/”
“V stood for both /u/ and /w/”
I can’t believe I’m doing this, but inaccuracies just make me cringe.

First off, I do NOT think Ellen Gould White is the “beast” and I don’t know anything about the single-V vs. double-V issue.

However, both of the quotes you use above are from the description of a pre-Latin alphabet (Old Italic) that stopped being used by the 3rd century BC, according to your own source. The part about the C at least is completely irrelevant to the issue as the letter G was introduced to Latin long before Christ was born.

None of this means that I think the adding up of numbers for different names is anything but a waste of time. It just means that Latin had the letter G.

–Jen
 
Also, compare This calls for wisdom: let him who has understanding reckon the number of the beast, for it is a human number, its number is six hundred and sixty-six. (Rev. 13:18) with Now the weight of gold that came to Solomon in one year was six hundred and sixty-six talents of gold (1 Kings 10:14). I don’t exactly know what to make of the connection: Solomon asked for wisdom before all else (yet fell into idolatry) and received a yearly tribute of 666 talents of gold, and John writes in Revelation that wisdom is necessary to discern the identity of the beast, whose number is 666.
I was told in a seminar about Revelation that the number 666 was supposed to recall the vast amounts of money received by a ruler through excessive taxation, and was supposed to be a clue that 666 referred to Nero. I was also told that if you add up the letters in Neron Kesar in Aramaic, they equal 666. Not being an Aramaic scholar, I can’t prove it. But since Revelation was in fact written to 1st century Christians, it would make more sense if it referred to something that was relevant to them.
:twocents:
–Jen
 
:)peace be with you all. I was being challenged by my freind (an SDA/ Edited) on finding out the meaning of Vicarius Filii Dei, because he said theres something surprising. But I know already the motive, I know it would result to 666, where he argues to be the title of the pope, and is offensive and defamatory as I regard. But we Catholics absolutely believe that the popes title is Vicarius Christi. He often express his fear that the pope would hold power all over the worl and is the “beast” as what the book of revelation says.

Well surprisng not only the pope, but even ELLEN GOULD WHITE(SDA inventor) will result to 666, then his speaking against his church also.

The basis of such no. are the roman equivalents.

Truth is in the man who has faith in God. the truth which He revealed to His mystical body, the Church in which we stand with the “Vicarius Christi”(the POPE as its visible human leader. How coul Christ’s representative be the beast? Edited

peace!:D:D:blush:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top