Does your parish promote Medjugorje?

• Thread starter Thread starter nobody
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Diane,

I’m familiar with, and have been to the Croatian parish in your vicinity on several occasions…Its priest is a Franciscan from Herzegovina.

Nobody,
I’m a member of a Croatian Catholic parish in my city, which is not staffed by OFM from the Herzegovinian province…Our former pastors always ignored Medjugorje. Our current pastor is sympathetic toward Medjugorje; he says nothing about it publically, but an annual Medjugorje Peace Conference near us now gets promotion in our bulletin. His former associate pastor occasionally mentioned Medjugorje from the pulpit, though, and here and there a visiting Herzegovinian friar has also done so.

Hello, all. I voted an honest “no”. If anyone in our parish was openly promoting Medjugorje from parish activities, I would know, because it would probably be me…

Actually, the opposite has happened in a neighboring parish about 75 miles away, where friends were not allowed to pray an organized rosary in the parish church, because about 90% of them were “known” Medj. pilgrims. I guess the priest thought it best to keep the temptations to speak about Medj. to a minimum. Maybe he is right about stopping the rosary, I don’t know. Some of us are beginning to feel “soft” persecution over Medj. But it’s not that big of a deal, for I am sure all of you also have something you say or do, for which you must occasionally “apologize”, or “explain” to others.

Most of us know the “rules” by now, at our parishes. I am sure a few break them, sorry for that.
God Bless Us All!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back