Dog cared for abandoned baby

  • Thread starter Thread starter StratusRose
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Stories like this make me wonder whether we are the higher form of life in some cases:mad:

PF
 
StratusRose said:
NAIROBI, Kenya (AP) – A nursing dog foraging for food retrieved an abandoned baby girl in a forest in Kenya and carried the infant to its litter of puppies, witnesses said Monday.

cnn.com/2005/WORLD/africa/05/09/dog.baby.ap/index.html

Granted that I am in general biased towards dogs, so I love stories like these.

But, in general, it seems like this shows what a HIGH calling motherhood is. Good post-Mother’s Day story! 👍
 
40.png
WanderAimlessly:
Stories like this make me wonder whether we are the higher form of life in some cases:mad:

PF
…AGREED!!!
 
this dog deserves heaven than lots of humans. don’t know if God in his infinit mercy will award him with an eternal soul
 
40.png
abcdefg:
this dog deserves heaven than lots of humans. don’t know if God in his infinit mercy will award him with an eternal soul
First of all I must say that I am glad that the baby girl survived and pray that God blesses her the rest of her life.

abcdefg, I hate to break the grim news to you but the dog was foraging for food. I imagine the dog brought the baby back to her puppies to eat.

Thankfully someone discovered the baby.
 
Dogs/Cats will kill the prey on the spot and carry it home so this dog must have no intention to kill the baby.

have you heard of babies raised up by wolves?
 
I wonder what happened to the dog and her puppies?

Heartwarming story… I am so glad that the baby was found and is being well cared for.

If the dog brought the baby home as food, it would not have been found in good condition… but nice twist on this beautiful story:hmmm: .

Malia
 
40.png
contemplative:
First of all I must say that I am glad that the baby girl survived and pray that God blesses her the rest of her life.

abcdefg, I hate to break the grim news to you but the dog was foraging for food. I imagine the dog brought the baby back to her puppies to eat.

Thankfully someone discovered the baby.
I disagree completely,dogs and wolves have done this before.If the dog was looking to kill the baby she would have done so,God let the dog know the baby was just that a baby and her motherly instinct kicked in.🙂
 
Funny how even a DOG knows what a baby is, while so many of their mothers don’t. 😦
 
I think maybe God sent this dog…I have heard of this type of thing before, too.
Animals that are nursing have a very, very strong maternal instinct. They will mother any needy baby. There is something built-in that leads them to do this.
Unfortunately, this “something” seems to be missing from many human parents. (IMHO:Yet another tragic fall out from original sin…)
 
40.png
contemplative:
First of all I must say that I am glad that the baby girl survived and pray that God blesses her the rest of her life.

abcdefg, I hate to break the grim news to you but the dog was foraging for food. I imagine the dog brought the baby back to her puppies to eat.

Thankfully someone discovered the baby.
Why would the puppies eat a baby when the mother already provides them with food?
 
40.png
contemplative:
abcdefg, I hate to break the grim news to you but the dog was foraging for food. I imagine the dog brought the baby back to her puppies to eat.

Thankfully someone discovered the baby.
This is a very ugly thought, and could only come from someone who knows nothing at all about animals. There are innumerable well-attested stories of animal kindness to human beings. Animals are not as dumb as you seem to think.
 
I disagree with the person who said the dog was taking the baby as food. When I first read the story I wondered that as well, however why would the Dog take a baby (which was alive) home to her newborn pups? Most likely they were drinking her milk.
 
40.png
porthos11:
Gee, I hope someone adopts the dog and her puppies as well 🙂
Me, too, although the dog and her pups may have a home with the man quoted in the article. Hopefully he is good to his animals and will now get his female dogs spayed!

How lucky this little girl was, and what a miracle. I think God was speaking to us in this act.

Dogs rule!!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top