Doing someone's homework... is this a sin?

  • Thread starter Thread starter iloveGod143
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I

iloveGod143

Guest
A friend of mine said his professor informed him in an email that he was doing grades, and my friend noticed he was missing a short story… he told me he is working until 9, so I am assuming that means he won’t have time (I don’t know), and so he asked if I would do it. I said send it to my email. But, I am thinking this might be wrong or a sin. I think a one time situation might be ok, but what do you all think?
 
A friend of mine said his professor informed him in an email that he was doing grades, and my friend noticed he was missing a short story… he told me he is working until 9, so I am assuming that means he won’t have time (I don’t know), and so he asked if I would do it. I said send it to my email. But, I am thinking this might be wrong or a sin. I think a one time situation might be ok, but what do you all think?
Not OK, not even once. Its deceitful and cheating and can get you expelled.
 
It is wrong. Your friend must take the responsibility and consequences for the missing story, for you to do it for him is dishonest.
 
This is called cheating. I would offer to have some coffee and his computer up and ready for him when he got home from work.
 
it’s cheating, not just by moral standards, but by society code of ethics. 🙂 You can both be in alot of trouble, more than if he missed the work completely.
 
It’s great that you want to help your friend.

BUT, e-mailing him your story, and them him putting his name on it is a lie, and it’s deceitful.

If you want to help your friend, offer some quick tips and advice on what to write about, or go help him write the paper. But don’t write it for him.

Good luck and God Bless,

Chloe M.
 
This is one of the oldest tricks in society’s book: Not taking the consequence for their laziness and shifting the responsibility to a third party.

It is wrong. If you truly want to help him, offer to bounce ideas back and forth to make it easier for your friend to write the story, but that’s about the only involvement you should contribute. This is his grade, not yours. If he refuses, I suggest you tell him the alternative - a 0.
 
A friend of mine said his professor informed him in an email that he was doing grades, and my friend noticed he was missing a short story… he told me he is working until 9, so I am assuming that means he won’t have time (I don’t know), and so he asked if I would do it. I said send it to my email. But, I am thinking this might be wrong or a sin. I think a one time situation might be ok, but what do you all think?
If you doing the work for him, as in writing the story, and he is submitting it as his own, then he is lying and you are helping him sin. Helping other people sin is a pretty serious sin itself.

If he already has a story and wanted you to maybe do a final check for spelling and format it and send it, I think that’s okay.
 
If he already has a story and wanted you to maybe do a final check for spelling and format it and send it, I think that’s okay.
Doing someone’s home work is bad. Helping someone with their homework, that is a judgment call.
 
You are all right … Thank you for your comments and advice. I did not do the work for him, because I knew deep down it is wrong and not worth it.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top