C
ChristineMac
Guest
I have a co-worker whom I respect highly as a devout and holy Christian woman (evangelical protestant). I was discussing with her about my husband’s severe chronic pain and health problems which he has suffered from for over 9 years. I relayed to her that I have begun literally ‘begging and pleading’ with God throughout the day to heal him physically, emotionally, spiritually, etc.
My friend told me that ‘begging and pleading’ is not the right way to pray; that I should pray once in faith for my need, and from then on just ‘praise and thank God’ for answering me and believe that he will answer (according to His will, I assume).
Is this the correct Catholic perspective on prayer? Although I have through the years prayed for my husband’s healing and at the same time prayed the His will be done; lately I am almost to the point of despair that he gets no better, but is actually getting worse and worse, especially emotionally and spiritually. I cannot help but fall on my knees at the point of tears to just beg and beg God for help. I this wrong?
My friend told me that ‘begging and pleading’ is not the right way to pray; that I should pray once in faith for my need, and from then on just ‘praise and thank God’ for answering me and believe that he will answer (according to His will, I assume).
Is this the correct Catholic perspective on prayer? Although I have through the years prayed for my husband’s healing and at the same time prayed the His will be done; lately I am almost to the point of despair that he gets no better, but is actually getting worse and worse, especially emotionally and spiritually. I cannot help but fall on my knees at the point of tears to just beg and beg God for help. I this wrong?