Doubt regarding qualities of contrition!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Gavrilus
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Gavrilus

Guest
I know that I am supposed to ask and listen to priests but I need an advice before confession.
May someone who is good friend with moral theology (no scrupulous and who can resist this kind of counseling without falling in scrupulosity) explain me what’s the work with contrition in preparation for confession?
Thank you anticipated.
 
Last edited:
@Gavrilus
Are you asking why it is worth while to make an act of contrition before confession? If so, it is to get your mind in the right place. I have sinned. I want to be forgiven. With God’s help I never want to sin again. There is perfect contrition. That is wanting to be truly sorry because you offend an infinite God who is all good and deserving of all your love. Imperfect contrition is the fear of hell or the loss of heaven. Hope that helps!
 
No no really. I wanna say something regarding obligation of contrition but I think it’s wise to continue in private if you can face this tipe of discussion.
 
You have said on other threads that you struggle with scrupulosity. It is better for you to seek help offline and not post these questions here. Speak to your priest.

-Fr ACEGC
 
It’s a matter of scrupulosity, and of conscience in any case, so it ought not be broadcast online. My advice stands. Speak to your priest.
 
Ok then I suppose I will ask for a special fast spiritual direction hope it will be ok and please pray for me (I will also for you)
 
Yup but it’s more complicated and I can’t figure it out offline before confession.Its a matter of discerning validity of past confessions and I need a cowseling before starting examination of conscience for next confession. That’s the reason why I can’t with my priest, also because I’m in state of mortal sin and I can’t permit a spiritual direction cose I delayed some days so,yup. That’s the prob.
No you don’t. You can go into the confessional, confess those sins you are certain are mortal and raise any questions you have about other possible sins while there. There is no reason for it to be lengthy or require a special session.
 
Yup talked with my priest but I figured out this thing before but that’s another thing:I figured out that you can be forgiven even without actual contrition but virtual (but I think was a little more habitual from my last confession) but my contrition (and this contrition is aknowledging for what is wrong and firm purpose to not do that again) consisted in that way that I had will find the means for 2 most attached grave sins and for the rest just virtual-habitual idea that I will hate the rest but I need help from God to do that and amend that through means when I get rid of that 2 mentioned above(I interested and this tipe of amending seems legit, but my doupt is on contrition respective on what you feel or know about hate regarding mortal sins.is this sufficient for validity or I need to stay for each sin and to ask myself if I hate or not and to try to excite a hate for them? (I need to mention that I have 60% from my list of sins douptful mortal sins!) Thank you anticipated!
 
It will don’t help to say to me that I need to talk this time with my priest from the moment that I need an information to make my examination of conscience before because I need to know if I need to confess the rest of my past possibly invalid confession.
 
Last edited:
If the answer is that it was valid imagine that you can also make amend just for one sin that you are most attached and for the rest you need to keep an eye on them and to take them one by one (u don’t try to shoot with an heavy shotgun that will miss every Wolf but you instead will use an revolver)
 
This doesn’t mean that you need to lie to get what is easy. God wants to be objective as much as we can.
 
Umm can you explain me why you reported me if this thing can clean a lot from scrupulosity of others from this forum if I have done something wrong please bring me to light. I don’t want to be inconsiderate.well moderator you can delete it if you want but first confirm me why this is useless and will don’t help the others.Thank you.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top