Downloadable complete Bibles

  • Thread starter Thread starter royal_archer
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
R

royal_archer

Guest
I am trying to download various interpretations of the Bible into an offline private database. I have found a couple of the versions available on project Gutenberg:

gutenberg.org/catalog/world/results

However I would still like to find the Septuagint and NAB online where I can do a complete download instead of copying and pasting one chapter at a time.

I would like to drop them into a database where I can search quickly, link to my notes, and look at the text side by side.

Does anyone know were I can get these other versions of the Bible as single file downloads?
 
gutenberg.org/ebooks/1581

The Douay Rheims is the septuagint.

Also, they have lots of the texts available on Gutenberg.

But I am interested in the results you come up with.
I down loaded the DR text but wanted the original and complete Septuagint.

I assumed that the DR was based on the Vulgate which I thought was based on the Hebrew wording. That is why I was looking for the original Septuagint to compare the wording.

What I was able to find on the Septuagint was:

ecclesia.org/truth/septuagint-hyperlinked.html

Although this link seems to have the numbering messed up.
 
I down loaded the DR text but wanted the original and complete Septuagint.

I assumed that the DR was based on the Vulgate which I thought was based on the Hebrew wording. That is why I was looking for the original Septuagint to compare the wording.

What I was able to find on the Septuagint was:

ecclesia.org/truth/septuagint-hyperlinked.html

Although this link seems to have the numbering messed up.
Oh man, I didnt think of that… Well, I will follow this thread and see what you get.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top