Dr. Anthony Fauci Admits Shifting Goalposts on ‘Herd Immunity’

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Cathoholic

Dr. Anthony Fauci Admits Shifting Goalposts on ‘Herd Immunity’​

(Please Note: This uploaded content is no longer available.)

AP Photo/Alex Brandon

Joel B. Pollak

24 Dec 2020

National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases director Dr. Anthony Fauci admitted to the New York Times in an interview published Thursday that he has shifted the targets for “herd immunity” from the coronavirus pandemic.

The Times reported:
Recently, a figure to whom millions of Americans look for guidance — Dr. Anthony S. Fauci, an adviser to both the Trump administration and the incoming Biden administration — has begun incrementally raising his herd-immunity estimate.

In the pandemic’s early days, Dr. Fauci tended to cite the same 60 to 70 percent estimate that most experts did. About a month ago, he began saying “70, 75 percent” in television interviews. And last week, in an interview with CNBC News, he said “75, 80, 85 percent” and “75 to 80-plus percent.”

In a telephone interview the next day, Dr. Fauci acknowledged that he had slowly but deliberately been moving the goal posts. He is doing so, he said, partly based on new science, and partly on his gut feeling that the country is finally ready to hear what he really thinks.

Hard as it may be to hear, he said, he believes that it may take close to 90 percent immunity to bring the virus to a halt — almost as much as is needed to stop a measles outbreak.
This marks the second time that Fauci has intentionally misled the public, ostensibly for its own good… . .

What are your plans after CAF @Cathoholic?
Still praying and discerning.

Right now I have some serious medical things I need to get taken care of (please keep me in your prayers).

My “life expectancy” almost seven years ago was 2 1/2 years. So who knows what “tomorrow” will bring?

I like the news forum as at least sometimes people engage you with ideas (yes there is some “chipiness” too, but the benefits outweigh the troubles).

The Faith (Scripture Apologetics) portion is really my favorite section,
but for whatever reason, there are few people that want to have “the discussion” (idea exchange in catechetics) there.

Since I enjoy engaging people, the news section has been pretty good although I frequently look back at the Scripture section and post occasionally too (like here or here).

Thanks for asking.

How 'bout you Cruciferi?

Last edited:
Right now I have some serious medical things I need to get taken care of (please keep me in your prayers).
Absolutely ✅
I like the news forum as at least sometimes people engage you with ideas (yes there is some “chipiness” too, but the benefits outweigh the troubles).
Personally, I enjoyed the news forum but I usually got flagged. So I kinda gave up posting there for awhile.
How 'bout you Cruciferi?
I split my time between Facebook and moderating another Forum. Gonna join Pipe Smokers Den too.

(Please Note: This uploaded content is no longer available.)

I split my time between Facebook and moderating another Forum. Gonna join Pipe Smokers Den too.
Tried joining but (Please Note: This uploaded content is no longer available.)
except there is no Captcha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back