Dr. Robert Bennett gets Cold Shoulder from Cardinal Schoenborn

  • Thread starter Thread starter trth_skr
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dr. Robert Bennett, co-author of Galileo Was Wrongattended a lecture by his emminence, Cardinal Shoenborn of Vienna, Austria in New York City. Dr. Bennett queried Cardinal Shoenborn about cerationist topics during the Q&A after the lecture. His responses were less than expected.

Mark Wyatt
www.veritas-catholic.blogspot.com
JMJ+
If he expected that the Cardinal would welcome his contributions, then he was living in a fantasy world.

A literal view of Genesis 1-2 is bad theology as well as bad science.

Edwin
 
If he expected that the Cardinal would welcome his contributions, then he was living in a fantasy world.

A literal view of Genesis 1-2 is bad theology as well as bad science.

Edwin
I agree 👍 The Church doesn’t force us to believe either way. We are free to choose. If the Cardinal doesn’t except yec theory then he is most certainly free to not believe it. I personally don’t except it either and yes I have been to the websites and studied them with an open mind.
 
Of course Robert Bennett not only espouses creationism but also geo-centrisim… something that even the most hard core Biblical Literalists are hard pressed to accept.

Also some of what Bennett is quoted as saying the Blog indicate that Bennett also seems to consider himself an expert in Theology and Religious History as well as Physics.

–
Bill
 
Also some of what Bennett is quoted as saying the Blog indicate that Bennett also seems to consider himself an expert in Theology and Religious History as well as Physics.
Ironically, that’s what got Galileo in trouble too.
 
Bad theology and bad science? Its sad when the almost unviversal exegesis of the Fathers is considered bad theology. Its a sad testimony of Catholic faith today. I find the literal view to be well grounded and rigorously exegetical and linguistical. Those who argue for any other tend to depart from history and language. As for science Im a little out of my league but I will say that science has become a quasi religion unto itself and it seems Edwin has adopted some form of it. I have evaluated writings on both sides and frankly I dont find the geocentricity view to be irrational. Maybe its wrong and it could very well be wrong but to dismiss it out of hand seems to me very shallow, sorry.

Shame on His Emminence Cardinal Schonbon for dismissing the contrarian views especially ones that have been part of catholic history from time immemorial.
 
IMHO it isstrange that the powers that be in the Church will not even listen to scientists who are anti-evolution. I strongly believe that the whole notion of evolution is a crock but I will always be open to SCIENTIFIC evidence to the contrary. Experiments be a large part of the evidence.

As an aside I have noticed that evolutionists get madder than a wet hen when asked for scientific proof that includes experiments. Go ahead I have thick skin
 
Dr. Robert Bennett, co-author of Galileo Was Wrongattended a lecture by his emminence, Cardinal Shoenborn of Vienna, Austria in New York City. Dr. Bennett queried Cardinal Shoenborn about cerationist topics during the Q&A after the lecture. His responses were less than expected.

Mark Wyatt
www.veritas-catholic.blogspot.com
JMJ+
you really ought to drop this geocentrist thing I was once open to listening to the information now I wouldn’t touch it with a ten foot pole. The main person involved has killed any interest in it for me and I’m thinking many other people feel the same way.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top