I don’t own one as yet, but I was at the Catholic bookstore the other day and I realized it was probabaly what they had playing on the CD player! It sounded good.
For those who don’t click the link, the product is “Truth & Life,” an audio dramatized account of the New Testament. Actors include Blair Underwood, Sean Astin, John Rhys-Davies, Michael York, Julia Ormond and more.
I’d buy it just because of Neal McDonough, who, I believe, read the parts of Christ in the audiobook. He’s a very devout Catholic and very good actor who I’ve seen in the Sci-Fi miniseries “Tin Man” and “Star Trek: First Contact.” He keeps some pretty tight ethics when acting; he refused to have a sex scene while in a role on “Desperate Housewives.” Really cool actor.
DISCLAIMER: Catholic Answers has turned over the archive to Catholic-Questions.org and no longer owns, manages, or moderates the forums. For additional apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.