Dust Off the Catacombs

• Thread starter Thread starter HagiaSophia
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
H

HagiaSophia

Christianity in Great Britain is imploding, fragmenting and will soon be driven underground, says a senior adviser to Archbishop of Canterbury Rowan Williams.

Jayne Ozanne told Williams and Archbishop of York David Hope that a time of great persecution for the church is coming, reports the Times of London.

In a private report to the pair, Ozanne warned the outlook for the church was not good – that it would continue to implode and self-destruct over homosexual clergy and other issues. She says that its future will be one of an underground movement comparable to resistance movements during World War II.

“I remain convinced that the only way for the Church to survive the storms that are currently besetting it is to embrace the hard truth with honesty and humility,” wrote Ozanne. “Questioning whether Church leaders really believe any more in a God who can move mountains or in a God who can raise the dead, she warns that the Church seems to have forgotten how to meet the cost of being Christian…”

worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=41891

But remember, HagiaSophia, that Jesus said that those who follow him faithfully will be persecuted and even hated.

It’ll be easier to die for the faith than to live it day to day.
Cryin’ shame. :crying:

I just pray that I live the faith day to day in such a manner as not to bring shame my Lord. If the time comes that I have to to chose between my faith and my life, I pray to to for the strengh to die for the faith with courage and dignity.

Linda H.

Linda H.:
I just pray that I live the faith day to day in such a manner as not to bring shame my Lord.

Linda H.
One of my own daily prayers as well.

But didn’t the Anglican Church do it to itself (much like the Episcopal Church in the U.S.)? The example of the Protestant denominations should make it clear to the Catholics that the Pope and Magisterium are correct in not caving in to these liberal trends–abortion, women priests, birth control, homosexual priests, homosexual marriages, and on and on. One concession begets more of the same, until there is no unity left.

La Chiara:
But didn’t the Anglican Church do it to itself (much like the Episcopal Church in the U.S.)? The example of the Protestant denominations should make it clear to the Catholics that the Pope and Magisterium are correct in not caving in to these liberal trends–abortion, women priests, birth control, homosexual priests, homosexual marriages, and on and on. One concession begets more of the same, until there is no unity left.
Most Christian churches have had scandals, corruption, and all kinds of ills beset them in modern times; this advice was not just about Anglicans but Christianity in general.

The forces of secularism, global terrorism and weak and divided churches are a problem for us all - we have forgotten our God in many ways, and I sense that perhaps, He might be going to forget about us and leave us to our own fallible devices for awhile. The golden calf is being worshipped in many ways, in many places and the disciples of Baal and Moloch are with us still.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back