Dying of hunger

  • Thread starter Thread starter Paul_theApostle
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Paul_theApostle

Guest
Why are there people dying of hunger in Africa when in Scripture Jesus says not to worry about food and what we will eat? He said God feeds the birds of the air,but howcome these people are dying with no food?

Ive heard that God leaves it up to others who have plenty to share and give food to the hungry.

So does that mean that if no other humans are filled with God and his love and dont give food to these starving people ,then God lets them die?

What God feeds the birds but not human beings who he says are more important then birds?
 
He humbled you, causing you to hunger and then feeding you with manna, which neither you nor your ancestors had known, to teach you that man does not live on bread alone but on every word that comes from the mouth of the LORD. (Deuteronomy 8:3)

This is the bread that came down from heaven. Your ancestors ate manna and died, but whoever feeds on this bread will live forever.” (John 6:58)

I don’t think I can put it better than in terms of scripture.

I acknowledge, of course, that these words might seem a little callous - but I do think there is some virture in looking forward to a spiritual feast in heaven.

There of course, huge numbers of people dying in Africa (for example, the current famine in Somalia). The obvious response to this, of course, is that of Christian charity.
 
So your saying Christ was talking about spiritual food,sounds like he was talking about normal material food and that life is more meaningful then what we are to eat and drink and so not to worry about what we’ll eat or drink as God feeds the birds even.

maybe my spiritual vision is lacking when reading the bible…
 
So your saying Christ was talking about spiritual food,sounds like he was talking about normal material food and that life is more meaningful then what we are to eat and drink and so not to worry about what we’ll eat or drink as God feeds the birds even.

maybe my spiritual vision is lacking when reading the bible…
It’s not so much your spirital vision thats lacking but your understanding of the meaning of the message. We all know that there are birds who starve to death, and birds that are killed “for fun” by housecats. Even Jesus would of know this while speaking.

For instance, if I say “Hang on for a second while I silence the goobers” some might take offence to that. However, my brothers would know that I mean it as a sign of affection.

In the same way we must come to know scripture in what Jesus was saying, how he ment it. In this modern day in age, we think that a shepard would really leave the 99 to look for one, but this could NOT be more false in Jesus’ time. That shepard would of been called a fool.

Getting a good history, such as written by Scott Hahn, can do alot in understanding the scripture.
 
I am so weary of having to come up with explanations as
to why, when Jesus makes a promise, that promise doesn’t always
mean what, at face value, it says.

Either he meant what he said, or he didn’t.
Let your yes mean yes, and your no mean no.
 
**I am so weary of having to come up with explanations as
to why, when Jesus makes a promise, that promise doesn’t always
mean what, at face value, it says.

Either he meant what he said, or he didn’t.
Let your yes mean yes, and your no mean no.**

I apologize to God, to Christ, and everyone here, for the above comment.
I am going through a multitude of different Hells in my life right now, all at once,
and all the result of my own years of bad decisions, wrong choices, etc.
We reap what we sow. I just WISH God would have mercy, and quickly,
for I am in so very, very much despair.
With all that, I also woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning.
Praised be the LORD.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top