East and West

  • Thread starter Thread starter wmscott
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
W

wmscott

Guest
I asked this on the Eastern forum and wanted to ask it here also. “I know this has been asked many times, but I am preparing an informational series on Church history to be used for RCIA and other events. My question is what separates or are differences between East and West. I am looking for the big issues. thanks in advance for any information that can be provided so that i can properly present the information. Peace”
 
I am looking for the big issues
The REALLY big issues are universal papal jurisdiction and papal infallibility. The Western Church can accept conciliarism+, or the Eastern Church can accept the absolute authority of Rome. There’s really no room for compromise here. Vatican-1 may have wiped out the last hope of reconciliation.

Big (but probably manageable) issues are the Western view of the Immaculate Conception and purgatory.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top