Easter Vigil Attire for a Convert

  • Thread starter Thread starter jlchapm
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jlchapm

Guest
Hi! I just wanted to get some advice on what I should wear at Easter Vigil.

I’m a candidate, so I’ve already been baptised in the Christian faith, but I will be receiving Holy Communion for the first time, and it will also be my Confirmation.

I am very excited, and would love some (name removed by moderator)ut! 🙂

Thank you!!

P.S. it’d probably be good to know that I am a 22-year-old woman.
 
[edited]
it’s completely up to you what you wear. It would be traditional to wear something white, as long as it flatters your figure, doesn’t wash you out, and covers what needs to be covered. 🙂

Most people in my group went with dressy-looking business attire in various colours.

Welcome to the Church! :extrahappy:
 
Whoops! Thank you! I clicked the wrong forum :\ very silly haha
 
Hi! I just wanted to get some advice on what I should wear at Easter Vigil.

(I accidentally posted this in the wrong forum :\ I’m a ditz sometimes! haha)

I’m a candidate, so I’ve already been baptised in the Christian faith, but I will be receiving Holy Communion for the first time, and it will also be my Confirmation.

I am very excited, and would love some (name removed by moderator)ut!

Thank you!!

P.S. it’d probably be good to know that I am a 22-year-old woman.
 
A nice modest dress, or a skirt, blazer, and blouse perhaps.
 
The best answer is talk to whoever is in charge of RCIA at your parish. Different parishes have different rules and standards.

At my parish, a dress/skirt or really nice dress pants is the standard. Modest is always important, nothing super tight and nothing hanging out from either end. Covered shoulders is often the standard, although you can probably get away with sleeveless (the kind with really wide straps, not spegetti straps). As for colors, red reminds us of the Holy Spirit so is appropriate for Confirmation. Or nice springy colors for Easter.
 
traditional Easter garb for ladies, what you would wear to church, ordinary business dress–although I am not sure what those terms mean to the younger generation.
For ladies a dress, business suit or skirt and top, dress shoes (more conservative less flirty would probably be appropriate). For gentlemen button down shirt and dress slacks with belt, dress shoes and socks. Jacket optional here, but if jacket and tie is business dress where you live, wear it. Best ask your RCIA director they may have some tradition or preference.
 
Since it’s here.

What do you all wear to the Divine Liturgy of the Resurrection? I’ve worn a tie with a short sleeve shirt and slacks in the past. I’ve always felt a suit is sort of overdone.
 
I don’t know if your parish has any requirements or recommendations, but when I was confirmed in '04, I went out and bought a very special dress and jacket for the occasion. It was a huge deal to me - about as big a deal as my wedding. It’s a major, one-time sacrament and a night you’ll never forget, so feel free to dress up! So long as it’s modest and appropriate and doesn’t draw lots of undue attention (sequins might be out 😉 ).
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top