T
Timi_Celcer
Guest
I started doing some research on the Orthodox faith and i found a lot of doubt in my Catholic faith. I have some issues that make me think that Eastern Orthodoxy might be true.
The biggest is about the supremacy of the bishop of Rome. I cannot find any good evidence that Church fathers thought of him as the head we think of him today. After reading some literature, i saw that in reality, the bishop of Rome might just have had the same authority as other bishops. Peter was actually the bishop of Antioch before becoming the bishop of Rome. I really struggle to find any good evidence that the bishop of Rome was truly supreme at the time. After reading, it makes more sense that he just had control because of the importance of the city. After that, the dogma might developed
Second. Mark of Ephesus prevented a union between the RCC and the EOC at the Council of Florence pushed by the Byzantine emperor. Mark was actually the only bishop refusing to sign. He refused to sign and then two days later, the patriarch of Constantinople died destroying any chance of a union. It seems like God prevented the union. Why?
I really struggle with this, i dont know what to do. I need your help to find the truth.
The biggest is about the supremacy of the bishop of Rome. I cannot find any good evidence that Church fathers thought of him as the head we think of him today. After reading some literature, i saw that in reality, the bishop of Rome might just have had the same authority as other bishops. Peter was actually the bishop of Antioch before becoming the bishop of Rome. I really struggle to find any good evidence that the bishop of Rome was truly supreme at the time. After reading, it makes more sense that he just had control because of the importance of the city. After that, the dogma might developed
Second. Mark of Ephesus prevented a union between the RCC and the EOC at the Council of Florence pushed by the Byzantine emperor. Mark was actually the only bishop refusing to sign. He refused to sign and then two days later, the patriarch of Constantinople died destroying any chance of a union. It seems like God prevented the union. Why?
I really struggle with this, i dont know what to do. I need your help to find the truth.