EBay backs off

• Thread starter Thread starter bellesjoy
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bellesjoy

Thank God EBay has removed the item!
I called and left voice mail for the president and other executives of Ebay yesterday. Again this morning shortly after our new Pope Benedict XVI, God Bless him, was named, I felt very strongly that these people could not do this today. I called the executive offices once more and while I was speaking to them, the item #617170346 disappeared!
What I tried to explain to them was that EBay was participating in blackmail, or a hostage/ransom type of crime by trying to auction off the Body and Blood of Christ. It was up to $10 Million this morning and then they finally found their conscience(with a lot of help) and it was pulled! Praise God! Thanks to all who called them…they got the message!
God Bless our new Pope Benedict XVI

We still have a problem as I don’t believe that eBay has a policy to no longer sell consecrated Catholic items. So this could easily happen again.
Continues the press release: “The issue of the attempted sale of the Eucharist has attracted both national and international attention with e-mails and fax messages coming into the diocesan office from countless communities. Although this specific issue has been resolved, the diocese still has differences with eBay and its policy governing the listing of items that are offensive to people of faith. E-Bay officials contend they see nothing offensive with the sale of such items on their website. Many Catholic organizations and individuals have taken issue with that policy and apparently are making their opinions known to eBay officials.”
link to article

The very idea of selling a consecrated Host is so offensive! The seller admits that not only did he partake of communion while in Rome, he got BACK in line to " get another one", and “received a very dirty look” for doing so.

Yikes a rama. I am glad the Host was removed from Ebay but from what I can tell, it was removed BY THE SELLER, not by Ebay itself.

Take a close look at that page, they are selling the “story”, not the actualy host.
40.png
abcdefg:
The 10m one pulled off is a hoax. and if it were pulled off by ebay then ebay must have believe there was shill bidding involved. I can’t see there’s any change of ebay’s policy on that case.

if ebay will, pull this one off
cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=1107&item=6956089927&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

I believe this is a hoax too. no picture no description and newbie seller

nice trick:D never participate in auction, never read titles carefully

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back